Kol Mikaelson

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Mate: Marianne McCallister

Species: Vampire

During the Middle Ages, Kol, like the rest of his family, was a human up until his younger brother, Henrik, was killed by werewolves. It was because of this tragedy that his mother, Esther (who is the Original witch), and his father, Mikael, decided to take action to protect the rest of their family. They drank wine laced with Tatia's blood and they were killed by Mikael soon after. Later, Mikael forced them to feed on human blood, thus turning them into the first Original vampires.

Kol was in eastern part of Europe making the Originals famous with his actions (most likely killing or turning people indiscriminately). He would later join his family in Italy where he went to a party held at a vampire hunter named Alexander's home. He was latter daggered in a surprise attack but later revived by his brother Klaus (who was unaffected by the daggers thanks to his hybrid powers). For unknown reasons, he was daggered by Klaus in the early 1900s and kept in a coffin for over 100 years, until he was freed by Elijah.

Now that he's back in Mystic Falls, he wastes no time in order to bring havoc into the town. He has created an army of newborns who are all under his command. He was trapped in the tomb by Bonnie Bennett until Marianne McCallister, another witch, broke him free. She used her own magic to give him control of all the newborns and he is proud of his creation.

Everyone sees him as soulless and he could care less about everybody in Mystic Falls, including his own family who betrayed him.