Stefan Salvatore

Real name: Stefan Salvatore.

Species: Vampire.

In A Relationship with: Jennifer Grayson.

Stefan Salvatore is a hundred and sixty three years old. He was turned by Katherine Pierce in 1865. Stefan is kind hearted, compassionate and loving, he was when he was human and apart from his ripper periods it was heightened by his transition. He looks out for the ones he cares for as well as the whole of Mystic Falls. He tries to see the good in everybody even when it isn’t obvious but he does give up continuously with Damon.

Stefan was the “good son” Giuseppe always favoured Stefan over Damon, the only children he would ever have. He was the younger of the two Salvatore boys. He fell madly and helplessly in love with the same woman who turned out to be also in love or at least romantically engaged with Damon at the same time. Katherine had compelled the brothers to keep their relationship from each other. He was close with his brother and their bond couldn’t be broken by anyone but over the course of a year or two Katherine had done what many others couldn’t, she had cracked their bond.

Despite this Stefan would do anything for his brother. He would put his life on the line for Damon and has on multiple occasions. He even gave himself over to Klaus for a period to save his brother’s life; he left everything behind including Damon.

After his short period with Klaus he consumed tones and tones of human blood and was trying to pull himself back together before going back to face everyone in town.

He has a dark past but has put it all behind him, unlike his brother. Stefan only drinks blood bags as he doesn't like hurting humans and fresh human blood makes him unpredictable even to Damon who has known him his whole life, on and off.

Stefan is now helping Jen get through her transition so that she will not deal with any difficulties he has or had to in the past.