Chapter 12 : Betrayal Prt 2

Climbing into the Land Range Rover was a little hard but I managed.

"Let's go to my parent's estate and drop the kids off and next time we should use the 7 /9 seater cars, because 6 children won't fit our normal cars anymore" I told him.

I just turned the radio on and they suddenly started playing Lucas Joyner songs.

"I love you more than I love myself
If I weren't with you, I can't picture me with someone else
And every time we separate it's like we under spells
'Cause when we hurt each other we come back to help each other heal
You say I'm crazy, but at least you know my love is real
But shit, you crazy too, and that's why they say love is hell
And it's forever, so I hope you never up and bail
And if you ever left me for someone, you gon' get someone killed" I rap.

Fall Slowly was one of my favorite songs by Joyner Lucas especially Ashanti's part.

"You're not perfect, but you make life worth it
Maybe that's why we stick together like cursive (Like cursive)
Hella toxic, but I know that I'm determined
If we can make it through the fire, we can breathe inside a furnace (Facts)
Your family never liked me, they all think that I'm a burden
They know when we're together you're a different type of person (True)
Whenever things get bad, it never seems like it's worth it
It's like we're drownin' really fast until we get back to the surface
And we never learnin' self-love (Yeah)
So we been there for each other when no one else was (No one else was)
And all the times I was broke and you kept me held up
And got me back focused or held me down when I felt stuck (Word)"Xavier rapped while looking at me.

We both started laughing, while our children were sleeping like little angles for now. After almost 20 Nicki Minaj songs we arrived at my parents estate since we decided to listen to Nicki Minaj after Fall Slowly. Don't be fooled by Xavier's manly look and height or muscles, that man is a true barb at heart. He knows every Nicki Minaj song and lyric, he sometimes scares me.

"I'm going inside, you wake them up" I told him while checking the time since it was around 9am.

Before I even reached the front door I heard yelling, from my dad, my mother and a unfamiliar woman voice.

"She's also my daughter. I carried her for nine fucking months and you took her from me" a woman yelled.

I quickly opened and rushed inside the house to find my parents and this unfamiliar couple before I could even utter a word. The woman turned towards me, I looked like her. Oh shit, we both had the same color skin tone, same hair, same body type and the same eyes.

"Lyn, my baby" the woman yelled in hysteria coming towards me luckily Xavier had came in with the kids and stopped her.

"Who are you" I said while backing away from her.

"Did really not tell your own daughter about her real mother" this woman yelled at my father.

"You're not my mother" I said to her feeling a little bit dizzy.

"I am your mother. Haven't you noticed we look the same, you have my eyes for God's sake." she said while tears were brimming in her eyes.

"Is she my mother" I asked my father.

He just nodded in a yes way.

Everything has been a lie. Mia Lee wasn't my mother, why did she even tell me about her cancer. The world started getting darker, my legs gave out. I could barely feel reality anymore.

"Mallory" was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

Red, that's all I could see. I was filled with so much hate and anger, I wanted answers. I spent 23 years thinking that a white woman was my mother who treated me like shit most of the time and my father didn't even bother standing up for me. The pain of feeling neglected by the woman who raised you and after 23 years you find out the person you called mother isn't your mother...