3|Match

Every day brings

So much more

To look forward to Fly high and soar

Every moment brings

So much delight

Just being with you

Makes everything right

~~~~~~~~~~

S I E R R A 

A streak of light that comes from my apartment window wakes me up the next morning. I couldn't stop the groan that escapes me; I hate mornings.

I roll over so that the ray of light can't happily abuse my poor eyes anymore and mistakenly hit the body that, I hope, belongs to my boyfriend. I shoot forward from fright before looking down at my naked body; I didn't even realize I had placed a hand to my racing heart. He did give me quiet the fright.

Last night when we got home, I can remember us getting into a heated session, that obviously led to him taking me for about the millionth time; the thing that makes me uncomfortable about it is that he doesn't ask for consent anymore; he just assumes I want it. My hand, that had previously been sitting above my racing heart, moves to sit on his broad, muscular shoulders. I let out a huff of air as my heart finally calms down. Then I shake him to wake him up; Blake has always been a heavy sleeper.

After I shake him a few times he begins to stir in bed. Well, it only took a bunch of aggressive shakes to wake him up. Once I pulled him off the bed, and he still slept peacefully. This man takes his sleep seriously. One of his tired brown eyes lazily peeks open; he smiles gently when his eye finds me, "Good morning, baby." He whispers in his husky morning voice that always has me melting. He now opens both his eyes and takes a few minutes to adjust to the light in the room. I'm not a morning person. I want to sleep forever, but I know that if I don't wake us up now, we might stay in bed for a day or two.

I'm not even kidding.

It's happened before.

I bite my lip softly as I take in a soft breath through my nose; letting myself clear my throat, "Mornings are never good, Blake." I joke with a tired smile. Blake rolls his eyes before propping himself on his elbows; he always wakes up quickly. I find it unfair. He moves one hand to caress my cheek before getting out if bed, "I'll make us some coffee." He tells me before walking across my apartment. I find myself growing frustrated; he didn't give me a kiss.

"No morning kisses?" I tease, even though I feel like yanking him back and placing my lips on his, as I lay back down on the itchy bed I sadly can barely afford; I hear Blake scoff, "With your stinky morning breath? No thanks." He teases me. I gasp dramatically before grabbing a pillow and throwing it in his general direction. He has only ever been playful in the mornings. I love it.

The pillow I throw obviously only gets halfway to where he's stood. I stretch my arms above my head, yawn obnoxiously, and then look at my sleepy baby kitten that is settled at my feet. She's such a cutie, "Oreo." I cooed quietly. She chirps as her eyes blink open; her soft purring gradually growing louder. After a few more blinks; my baby kitten pushes herself up and trots onto my lap where I stroke her lovingly.

"Aww man... Oreo always steals all the love." I hear Blake say as he places my coffee on the side table next to my bed. I roll my eyes at him, "You know I love you." I tell him softly: his eyes fill with adoration when he looks down at me. I feel my heart increase three times in size and battle not to burst right then and there.

"I love you too, baby." He says softly before taking a sip of his coffee; breaking the eye contact. I love when he looks at me like that. Like I'm everything he ever wants, "You coming to the match tonight?" He asks me as I take a sip of my coffee. His matches make me anxious, I always fear for his safety, and sometimes he lands up in hospital. He hasn't landed in hospital for a while now.