Chapter 4

Damien and I drove to Julie's house and knocked on the door. She let us in with a smile. Julie lived in a small cottage with flower patches at the back. We asked if we could take a look at the vitamins packet. It had a signature on it. Damien took out his laptop and scanned the signature. It didn't belong to anyone. No one had this signature. Although, there was a similar signature: two in fact. One had belonged to a prisoner who was jailed for theft, and the other belonged to a woman who lived in New Zealand. "This would be the person who produces these vitamins. How long ago did you buy these vitamins?"

"Well, Conor was sent to a mental asylum a few weeks ago so maybe a week before that." Julie believed. The prisoner was sent to jail 4 years ago, so he wouldn't have been able to make them. Also, the prison was ranked number 1 in security; he wouldn't have been able to even meet someone under those restrictions. The woman in New Zealand was said to be a waitress. She was married and had two sons named James and Lyndon. "This woman, Glenda Britts, might be the answer to our questions." Damien suggested. "Thank you for your co-operation in this case Julie. We will check up soon" We left the cottage and went back to our office to discuss the plan. "We need to go to New Zealand now, don't we?" I asked.

"No, not yet. We still haven't solved the fact that Conor never had a dad around. We need to interview Conor's GP, Dr Wype." Damien called over Conor's GP and discussed Conor's health, in a room I wasn't allowed into. During their 30 minute talk I sat at my desk drawing flowers. They finally finished, and it turned out we gained a lot of information. "Conor was perfectly fine. Conor didn't know his dad and said he hates him for abandoning him and his mother. The GP also said he prescribed the vitamins." Damien explained. "The person who actually makes them is called James. James-"

"James Britts!" I jumped in shock. "It's him, isn't it? But why did we find his mother's signature on the vitamin box?"

"We'll have to go meet him and find out."