Mother's Shock

I couldn't believe Lia was such a gutsy girl to actually throw the juice all over me. I had never done anything to deserve this. I flung myself to her and we both fell to the floor only of course to have the whole house inside the kitchen once they heard her screaming. Who looked like the bad person? I did.

"Miss. Kim!" Lucas yelled.

"Who is that maid? Get her off of Lia at once!" Lia's mother yelled.

"For heavens sake! Look at how that maid destroyed the beautiful dress." she continued.

"I didn't start-" I began.

"Oh sure, I came to ask for juice, and she just threw herself at me." Lia pouted.

"That is such a lie! I didn't-"

"Winter!" Jimin's voice was hoarse and loud.

"But I-"

"That's enough Winter!" She screamed.

She grabbed me by my arm and pulled me into her office. I tumbled and fell on her chair.

"Jim-" I was going to explain.

"Don't speak!" She put her hand up front.

"Do you have any idea what you have done?" She said with her  eyes closed.

"You should be scolding her not-" I tried to talk but she kept interrupting me.

"I don't care what she did, you're my maid you shouldn't fight people!" She yelled in one breath. Her face was red.

"What are you? A wrestler? A boxer? You put me in a difficult position with them!" She continued. I looked down to my hands and slowly stood up.

"You're dismissed Winter, I don't want to see you. Not today." She said with one hand on her forehead.

"It's fine because you're getting married. You won't ever have to see my face again. So don't worry".

I closed the door behind me softly. I couldn't catch my breath and felt as if all of it had been taken away from me. My heart hurt. I went up to my room and didn't even come down for dinner.

***************

"Why are you not asleep yet?" Jimin said opening my bedroom door.

"I know this is your house, but why do you have to come flying in someone else's room invading their privacy huh?" I said. She sighed and rolled her eyes and then fixed her vision on me.

"Look I'm sorry. I-" she began.

"Look Jimin, I don't care. I really need my rest so if you can please.." I stood up and tried to push her out of my room. She grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

"Listen to me when I have to speak God damn it!" She yelled.

"I don't want to hear you! I'm tired of being everyone's puppet!" I yelled back. She covered my mouth and shut the door behind her.

"Don't yell at me. I'm marrying Lia because of my dad. You hear me?" She said in a low voice.

"Doesn't seem like it, I saw the way you looked at her when she was with that white dress! You even defended her this afternoon. You didn't let me explain what she did but that's alright now." I said.

"Jesus Christ Winter, grow up! Forget what Lia did this afternoon and understand what I'm telling you about my father and his dying wishes." She said.

My tears rolled down my cheeks, and onto her hands where she was covering my mouth. She noticed and wiped them away.

"I'm being selfish about your dad's wishes, I know, but why would you agree so easily? You don't like me. You didn't even think about my feelings did you?" I looked at her eyes.

"I do like you Winter. I do. You don't understand." She said softly pulling me into a hug.

"Then show it. Fight for me." I cried.
She backed away, and searched my face. She slowly got closer to me and bent down to my level.

"I know what I told you a while back about not kissing you until you asked me but.." She trailed off.

My heart was beating loudly and I was scared she might hear it too. I closed my eyes and felt her lips brush against mine.

"Stop crying." she whispered against my lips.

She wiped the tear away and deepened the kiss. It wasn't a french kiss but a full sweet soft one. We were too slow to pull away though when we heard my door open.

"Yoo Jimin!"

It was Jimin's mother standing at my bedroom door who's eyes were raging red.