argument

"Come on, Kat, don't be like that," you say back, in a slightly aggravated but disappointed tone.

"No, you knew this meant a lot to be," she argues back, in a more upset tone then yours.

"Babe, it's just one show. It's not my fault."

"Yes, but one I was very excited about. I've been practicing his for so long! I was really excited for you to see it!" Her heels click out from the bathroom to the kitchen, as she clips on her second earring. 

     She was right. She had put so much work into her performance for tonight, it was her first real show in a month. She wouldn't even practice in front of you, so it would be a surprise. But your boss changed the due date on an assignment to tomorrow, and it wasn't something you could just do in the morning. It wasn't a super big assignment, but big enough you'd need to do it tonight.

"Please, stop yelling."

"I'm sorry, but I'm really pissed off!"

     Your eyes follow her as she grabs a coat from the rack behind your bedroom door, throwing it over her shoulder. Even over the insane amount of foundation, there was a faint tint of red, showing just how angry she was. Although you really wanted to go and were happy for her, you didn't understand why this specific show was so important.

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because, your my girlfriend. I know it's not your fault, but my feelings are valid."

"Of course, I know that. But you can show me here, after." Her blue eyes glare up at you, and you give a faint smile. She doesn't return it.

"That's not the same." Her tone is quieter now. More disappointed than mad. The room gets is quiet except for the sound of her heels against the floor as she grabs her items and heads to the door. She stands in the doorway, and looks back at you.

"I love you.." you say quietly, looking up at her.

     She turns back around and slams the door shut. The sound of her heels ascend down the hall. You shudder and your eyes get teary. She had never gotten this upset before. You cover your face with your hands and slowly begin to sob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Two hours pass. You were almost finished with the work assignment, and only had one paragraph left, so you decide to call it a night. Your eyes are strained and your head hurts from staring at the computer screen that long. But you couldn't stop thinking about her.

     You check the time on your phone; 10:30. Katya should be back in half an hour, but after that argument, you were worried if she would come home at all. You weren't mad at her, not in the slightest. You were just upset that you made her feel that way.

     You get up from the couch, to go get ready for bed. You lock the front door as you walk past, heading to the bathroom to do your nightly routine. Once you finish, you head to the bedroom, putting on an old NSYNC shirt, before climbing into bed.

     You sit in a bed for a couple minutes just thinking; about the fight and if she was okay. You grab your phone and send a text to her saying "I love you." Almost immediately after, she has read it, and the texting bubbles come up in the chat. You stare anxiously at the screen, but as fast as they had come up, they were gone.

     You roll your eyes and set your phone to the side, then flip over to fall asleep. After a few minutes, you drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're woken up to the sound of a key jamming into the front door. You roll over and check the time; 12:17. She is really late. But you were too tired to care, so you roll back over and try to fall back asleep.

The door finally opens and she tosses her shoes to the side, and she locks the door again. She lets out a loud sigh, she's her things to the on the back of the couch and heads to the bathroom to take a cold shower. She couldn't get you out of her mind either.

You half asleep when you hear the shower turn off. You can hear the faint noise of her humming in the other room. It took a couple minutes for you to understand what song it was, but when you did, you couldn't help but smile; it was the song that you danced to on your first date. The thought of that day filled your mind, and it almost felt like you were there again.

A couple minutes pass, and you're pulled back to the present when she walks into the bedroom. She walks to the dresser, and puts on a pair of briefs. Then she climbs into bed.

She seems hesitant at first, but she wraps her arm over your waist and shifts closer to you, placing a kiss on your ear.

"I love you," she says softly into your ear, before shutting her eyes.

"I love you, too," you respond. You feel her jump slightly, since she thought you were asleep. But you, turn your head back and kiss her on the lips. She squeezes you tighter as you turn back around to go finally go to sleep.

After the fight, you thought things would change between you. Why would they? You've never fought like that before, and it wasn't even a big fight. But it was reassuring to know that even after it, she loves you, and you love her. And you both will never stop.