006

"I need you like the air I breathe, I need I need you more than me."
"I need you more than anything."
****

I kept re-reading the words in the bio. Cancer patient. He has cancer. They never broke up, he just has cancer.

I felt an ache in my chest, knowing two things, one they are still together, and two, I thought they broke up. He just has cancer.

However it only took me a second to decide to turn back. I ran back to the alley, peering over the wall and seeing her turn a corner. And at that moment I knew exactly where she was going.

The hospital.

I drove as fast as the law could take me before pulling into the parking lot just in time to see her walk through the automatic doors.

I follow, but not fast enough to see where she was going, so instead I ran to the counter, where the lady looked at me like I was loosing my mind.

"I need........to know...........room..........Henry Trenton." I mumble as I gasp for air.

I don't usually run this much.

"Uhm.......B42.....is everything alright sir—"

"Thank you!" I call turning around and running down the hall.

B42B42B42B42B42B42

I repeated to myself as I walked down the hall of doors marked with B's.

Then there it was. Right at the end, room B42 stood with its door wide open.

I could hear two things.

The sound of a boy saying calming things like "it's ok, Tallibear." And "Please calm down."

And  what I also heard; the sound of Natalia Page crying.

"Please don't leave me, Henry." She cried. "I couldn't live right without you."

"Talia, baby, it's ok." He spoke. "I want you to listen to me, ok?"

There was a sniff before she murmurs a slight "ok."

"Please don't spend the rest of your life waiting to die. I want you to live, to fall in love again, get married, have children, start a family. I know you Tal, and I'm telling you, please be happy again." He tells her and more sobs come from Talia.

"I don't want to. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, Henry. I—" she pauses. "I don't want you to go." She whispers, before sniffing again. "I'm sorry, that's really selfish of me."

"Don't be sorry, baby, I've told you, you don't have to apologize for telling me how you feel, come here."

I hear them kiss, and I'm pretty sure that's what started the cut that was slicing slowly through my heart.

"I love you Talia, more than you'll ever know."

"Can I help you?" A voice behind me speaks and I jump, seeing it's just the doctor. 

Phew.

I shake my head and he nods, walking inside. That's when I sit on a bench near the door, holding a magazine over my face, however still eves dropping.

"Henry, Natalia, Mr and Mrs Trenton, it's time."

Henry's parents were in there?

More hectic sobs come from Natalia before Henry says "I love you, Tal. Remember what I said." Then the doctor starts to pull Henry's hospital bed out the door.

He was attractive. And it killed me knowing that's who Natalia is with.

"Please don't leave! Don't make him leave!" Natalia screams at the door while two older people—I'm assuming Henry's parents—hold her back. "I love you Henry!"

She didn't come to school the next day.