003

"Heaven help a fool who falls in love."
*****

Natalia | Casper

"Hey! Hey Talia!" I call as I trail behind her "Why don't you take pictures anymore?"

She let out an annoyed sigh and said "because I don't."

"But why?"

"Because something bad happened ok Casper? I don't like to talk about it."

The rest of the class was silent. And we didn't talk much in calls either. Which killed the feeling being around her gives me.
.

.

.

.
"I'm home!" I called through the house as I walked through the door.

I see Genna spread out on the couch watching TV. "Hey kiddo, how was school?"

Genna is my older sister by one year. She graduated last year and is yet to find an apartment so she is living with us.

If there were any words to be used to describe Genna they would be utterly insane.

You have no idea how long it took to work off the "Genna August" reputation.

I would come into class for the first time, the teacher would look at the attendance paper, look at me—see how similar Genna and I look—look back to the paper, then look back with a face that says nothing but 'not this again.'

Genna was arrested twice and almost got expelled 5 different times by the time she was my age.

Once for breaking into the school control panel and messing with all the lights, (that was her 'senior prank' if you ask me it was just her excuse to cause trouble.) Another time for selling cheap alcohol to the freshmen. (i.e. kids in my grade at the time) Twice for lighting the cafeteria on fire. (I'm not sure how she managed to do it once let alone twice.) And finally, for printing principal Wesley's face on a hippopotamus and hanging them all around the school.

I personally think the only reason she never was expelled was because Wesley had a soft spot for her and was secretly proud.

I mean who wouldn't be?

"Gennaveive Clover August!" My mom called sarcastically as she walked down the hall.

"Yes oh wonderful mother of mind?" Genna responded.

"Would you be such a dear and explain to me why I found my cardigan with your laundry?"

"Oh...uhm...laundry monster? Oh hey by the way, I'm going out tonight and might be participating in illegal activities."

"That's fine. If you need a ride home have the police drive you and I'll pretend to ground you for 4 months. Oh hey Casper, how was school."

"Great." I started, opening the fridge. "I got official photographer for TWH yearbook."

"That's...great...sweetie..." my mom said and I turned to see she was trying to get the laundry room door open but was struggling miserably. "Sage Esther August! Open the door or I'll bury you 10 feet into the ground!"

The door swings open and my mom looses her balance and Sage skips out the door.

Sage is the 5 year old 'happy accident' as my parents like to say. He and I are 13 years apart and he is my literal best friend. I don't understand how kids my age don't get along with their siblings. I get along with both Sage and Genna perfectly fine.

"Caspie!" Sage says running to me.

"Hey buddy, how was your first day of kindergarten?"

"He cried and begged me to take him home. We're gonna try again tomorrow." Genna says from the living room.

My phone went off with a Snapchat notification.

Natalia Page added you as a friend.

I accepted it so fast you could had mistook me for the flash. What surprised me was the

Natalia is typing...

That showed up just as quick.

Hey Casper, sorry for being rude earlier when you asked me why I don't write anymore :(

It's alright! Don't apologize, I understand :)

Thank you. How about a trip to the beach as an apology gift?

I'm pretty sure I told you not to apologize...but I do love the beach...so I guess I'll let this one slide...

Ok. Pick you up at 6

I'm too overwhelmed with excitement to keep the conversation going like I wanted too so I just typed

Ok! :)

And did a little happy dance with Sage.