|| iii ||

september 26th, 10 am, san diego 

i woke up in a bed that wasn't mine, again, in a hoodie that also wasn't mine. jesus, i thought, if i keep doing shit like this they're gonna think i'm using them or something. i was lost in thought until i heard a knock at the door. "hey schlatt charlie and i were gonna go to the beach if-" cooper started saying, before noticing i was where his friend should be. "sorry y/n i totally didn't notice you weren't schlatt, my bad."

"it's all good, gumby's younger brother and i look awfully similar." i joked. it took cooper a second to get the joke, but once he did he was laughing too. 

"do you have any idea where he is?" he asked.

"last time i checked we were watching a movie in the living room, maybe check there."

"will do!" he replied, "also ted's making pancakes if you want some. but get downstairs fast, the chocolate chip ones are the best and traves always gets to them first."

"i'll try." i said as he exited the room. i stayed in bed for a couple more minutes, just the thought of schlatt carrying me to his room was enough to turn me giddy like a middle school girl. i would have stayed longer, but ted's pancakes smelled amazing. i walked into the kitchen to see it tamer than i expected. much cleaner too. 

"y/n!" i heard charlie shout. "i saved you some pancakes." he said as he handed me a plate with a generous helping of what can only be described as heaven. 

"charlie you have no idea how much i love you" i replied as i shoved the food into my mouth. god it was amazing, ted was crazy good at cooking and it showed. "you know ted you could seriously be a cook or something if you weren't a streamer" i said. 

"really?" he said sheepishly, "i'm like average at cooking"

"i'm fucking serious man, everything you cook is like restaurant level"

"you're too nice" he joked as he went back to pancake making. after breakfast most everyone went to their rooms. schlatt ended up going with charlie and cooper to the beach, and i didn't want to be a bother, so i decided to get set up in my room. i was across the hall from jawsh, noah was on the left and traves on the right. i'd packed a gaming laptop just in case i wanted to do a solo stream, so i took that out first. i didn't pack too much, so i just took what i brought and shoved it into the drawers. after that i didn't really have too much to do so i just mindlessly scrolled through tiktok for god knows how long. 

schlatt's pov:

we'd been walking on the boardwalk for the better part of an hour, the only reason we were there was cause cooper wanted to get a new board. his last one split while he was doing some flip or jump or something, i didn't really pay attention to skateboarding so i had no idea. he asked me to tag along so he could get my opinion, but i knew it was cause he saw me sulking yesterday and wanted to get me out of the house. as for charlie? he just liked going to the beach. we were walking back to the car when we passed a gift shop. "can we go in super quick?" charlie asked while gesturing towards the store which was blasting overly energetic radio music and filled to the brim with tie-dye t-shirts.

"yeah i don't see why not," cooper replied.

"you don't even like that tourist shit, and why would you wanna spend more than a minute in there" i asked, "places like that are crazy overpriced, they're essentially hell."

"they do suck," charlie said, "but y/n likes keychains and shit so i figured i'd buy her one"

"i mean i'm down if we can get in and out in under 10 minutes" i half mumbled. maybe i should get her one, i thought, but that would be weird, idk i've known her for like a day and charlie's known her forever so a dinky trinket probably won't make a difference. i brushed the thought aside and walked into the shop. the teenager behind the register tried to trick me into spending too much on a poorly made trinket, but if weekends at coney island taught me something, it's that most of the shit in any gift shack is poorly made and overpriced.

(tiny timeskip lol)

"hey guys can we stop in for a sec," i said as we walked past a cornerstore.

"yeah sure, how long do you think it'll take?" charlie asked, he sounded a little pissed but that was just cause he got a sunburn at the beach. cooper was crazy distracted so he just nodded and continued looking at whatever was happening on his phone. i quickly ran into the shop racking my brain trying to remember what y/n's favorite monster flavor was, i couldn't remember if it was the mango flavor or the one that tastes like fruit punch for sugar addict toddlers, so i bought both. i was in and out in around 8 minutes. 

"2 monsters? is there a special someone you're giving the other one too?" he said making sure to stretch out the 'special someone'. i got a little flustered so instead of replying i just let out a little chuckle, which charlie took note of. 

"holy shit schlatt do you have a crush?" charlie joked, "is it someone we know?" 

"y/n maybe?" cooper added while poking my arm. 

"oh no it's just uh...my neighbor" i quickly retorted while rubbing my neck. man if y/n was here they would point out all my tells, i thought. i could feel my cheeks turning pink-ish. thankfully, charlie got us moving again before they could see my face. 

y/n's pov:

i had been sitting in bed for the better part of 2.5 hours when i heard a small knock at the door. "...um i didn't know which flavor was your favorite so i got both, i hope that's fine" i heard schlatt say. 

"well how about this," i responded, "i'll have the one you like the least"

"how sweet" he joked while putting both hands on his heart.

"you say that now, but wait till we play 8ball, i am ruthless." i said while making sure to highlight the 'ruthless' part.

"i doubt it, i can get very, very, competetive"

"then i guess i'll have to give you my number" i replied while trying not to smile too much, i didn't want to look like a crazy fangirl or something.
"put your number, smiley" he said, while handing me his phone. shit he noticed. "it's cute don't worry." just hearing those words, schlatt or not, were enough to send me into a tizzy. but this time it turned my face as red as a tomato. 

"i- uh... i need to ask ted something about tomorrow" i quickly said while excusing myself. i ran into what i thought was ted's room, instead i was pleasantly greeted by traves. 

a/n: woah a chapter that i don't totally hate? thats crazy. anyways, i hope it's okay, this is kinda just more filler before we get to the whole twitchcon stuff, i wanted to have you guys get to know y/n a little better before a whole bunch of stuff happens lol.