07

CHARLIE WEBBS"don't give me that look—i will not be participating in that, carry on

CHARLIE WEBBS
"don't give me that look—i will not be participating in that, carry on."

)(

i pushed around the antennas, trying to get a better receptions of the radio, but nothing: just static. it's been like that since forever.

timothée piles the book on the table, knocking each down, slowly one by one. i sit on the same exact table trying to enjoy the bowl of cereal i had, eyeing him in annoyance with the loud disturbance he kept causing.

"can you stop." i chewed with anger, slapping my spoon into the bowl harder.

timothée looks up at me and drops another book, while intensively staring. "you don't like loud sounds?" he smirked.

"i just don't like anything you do." i push the books closer to me. "now please stop."

he puts one hand on the side of his face, resting his elbow on the table, gazing at me. "why does miss fate sinclair hate me so much." he blabbered randomly.

i almost choked on my food with his dumb question. "many reasons— but we're not gonna get into that and do not call me fate sinclair, say fate and only fate."

riley, wearing her pink pajamas. goes to sit next to timothée.

"hungry?" i asked. she nods no, her eyes looking at my chair. "what?" i laughed, confused. seeing if something was wrong with my seat. 

she begins to pull my chair while i sat in it, closer to timothée. she then gets between us and rested her head on timothée arm. 

"you guys are like my parents." she smiled, nuzzling her nose into my arm.

i choke at what she had said. "no." i say, sternly.

"why so upset?" timothée says looking over at me, once again his face filled with sarcasm. trying to get under my skin. "i think that's a great compliment." he smiles at her.

"i'm not upset." i mumbled, stirring my food around.

"oh ya, definitely not upset." he says.

riley runs away to go off the play upstairs in the front room where libby stayed to paint and knit, leaving me with him.

we stayed silent for a moment, waited till she got upstairs. "you know why i'm upset." i narrowed my eyes.

he sighed. "honestly, i don't know why—enlighten me, angel." he places his hands behind his neck, relaxing himself.

"riley lost her parents." i say quietly. "i don't want her getting attached just so she can lose another." i say, with my voice cracking with every single word. "the phrase parent with timothée and fate, should never be placed near each other." i say, scooting my chair away. as he looks at me with a blank expression.