Ch.6 This is Love

■3rd Person POV■

It's been a week already since Y/N avoids Futakuchi, she now lives at her parents' house because they told her to. Y/N's parents notice that Y/N looks a bit down but they don't want to believe it.

Actually, Y/N really wants to meet him, her heart yearns for him. But the image from when Futakuhi got slapped by her father keeps on flashing on her head and she doesn't want that to happen again. She doesn't even reply to his chats.

Throughout the week, she met gin and hangout out with him, but it feels different than when she does it with Futakuchi. Today too they're going on a date and right now Gin is driving to Y/N's parents to drop her home.

Y/N: Gin san... thank you... good evening...

Y/N was about to get off of the car when Gin caught her arm. When Y/N looks back, Gin leans in and about to kiss her but she avoids it by looking down.

Gin: Y/N... are you that shy? We've been engaged for seven months, it's fine to share a kiss...

Y/N: I uh... I'm sorry... maybe... after marriage...

Gin stares at the girl in front of him, to be honest, Gin thought of Y/N as a very beautiful girl, but she always refuses when he wants to kiss her.

Gin: okay..

Y/N: ah right... good evening..

Gin: I'll see you around next week?

Y/N just bows her head and walks out of the car going into her parent's house. When she closes the door.

Y/N's mom: how's today?

Y/N was startled and then she just nods her head.

Y/N: okay... um, I'm going to my room mother, good night...

Y/N's mom stares at her daughter and sighs.

Y/N's mom: she was usually quiet but don't you think she became quieter these days?

Y/N's father glances as his daughter climbs the stair. Though she was out just now to have fun with her fiance, she doesn't look happy at all.

It's getting late, 11.40 P.M. Y/N is laying on her side, looking out at the crying sky. It's raining, again, it's been five days since the rain always comes at this time. Y/N looks at her phone, reading all of Futakuchi's chat. A tear roll down her cheek.

Just then

Ting!

Y/N's eyes widened as she look at the new chat from Futakuchi. She immediately got up and takes her outerwear, leaving her phone on her bed showing the room chat.

Sender: Futakuchi Kenji
Recipient: Y/N

I'm in front of your parent's house.

Futakuchi is waiting in front of Y/N's parent's porch. Drenched from head to toes because the rain started right when he is in the middle of his way already.

Futakuchi remembers Y/N's parent's house because back in high school one of his friends live around here and he once saw Y/N entering this house.

Y/N silently running down the stair and opens the door. Her heart clenches seeing the man in front of her ll drenched.

 Her heart clenches seeing the man in front of her ll drenched

Futakuchi: Finally I can see you...

Y/N: Futakuchi san... why are you here? Yo-you're not supposed to be here... my parents...

Y/N keeps on looking back afraid that her parents might wake up and find him.

Futakuchi reaches out and grabs Y/N's shoulders, making the woman looks up at the tall guys in front of her.

Futakuchi: I... can't... I can't leave you..  I don't want you to live like this... I like the you who looks happy when you play in the arcade... I like the you who enjoys eating the chiffon cake at the cafe near your workplace... I... want you to see yo-

Y/N looks up and Futakuchi was surprised to see her crying face.

Y/N: I... too... want to see you... I really want to... I always remember the days that I spent with you... I feel at ease and I can't help but think about you... these feelings... I never felt it

A cold hand gently caresses her cheek and making her look up. Futakuchi is smiling gently at her.

Futakuchi: I... did it... now you understand... that kind of feeling... this is what we called... love... and that's exactly how I feel about you... Y/N I love you...

Y/N's heart is beating faster and more tears are rolling down her cheeks. Her chest feels warm when Futakuchi told her his feeling. But then, the memory of when Futakuchi got slapped come to her mind.

Y/N bites her lips and then pushes Futakuchi back, surprising him.

Futakuchi: Y/N?

Y/N: p-please go... just... please...

Y/N closes the door and leans back on it

Futakuchi: Y/N!... wh-

Futakuchi doesn't want to make a scene. He wanted to bang on her door so bad but he forfeits. Futakuchi turns around but before he walks away.

Futakuchi: I'm not backing away... I'll find a way for you to be happy... please... wait for me...

Y/N hears as the footsteps are getting further and more tears roll down her cheeks. She walks inside and heads to the stair when she notices that her father is standing in the hallway.

Y/N's trembling, afraid that her father might do something.

Y/N's dad: that gu-

Y/N: he's gone now... so... please... don't do anything... I'm sorry father... I'm sorry... please... don't hurt him.. I... won't see him again... so, please...

Her father stares at his daughter who never asks for anything, begging for him to not hurt a guy.

Futakuchi is sitting at the bus stop, waiting for his bus. He can't get the sight of Y/N's sad face away. He thinks hard and then something came up.

Futakuchi: I... will free you...

________________________________________

■3rd Persin POV■

Y/N's father is driving from his office. When he's about to turn into his block, he's sees Futakuchi standing in front of his car.

Y/N's face, as she begged him not to hurt Futakuchi three days ago, came to his mind and he stops the car. He gets out of the car and approaches Futakuchi.

Y/N's dad: What do you want?

Futakuchi stares at him, determination is all Y/N's father sees in his eyes and that's kind of makes him stunned.

Futakuchi: you can hit me, slap me, or beat me up later, but now please, come with me... let me show you something...

Y/N's father stares at this man who he once slapped. The man who makes her daughter asks for something for the first time.

Y/N's dad: and why should I?

Futakuchi's eyes softened and he looks down.

Futakuchi: for... Y/N's happiness... please...

Futakuchi is bowing his head, making Y/N's father surprised

A man who always thinks he knows what's best for Y/N...

And a man who wishes nothing more than her happiness...

The two are facing each other...

And about to find out which one is right...