(Ziall) I Won't Hurt You

2012 hybrid!Zayn.  2015 Niall
Niall POV

   "I'm heading out for food, anyone want anything?" I call up the stairs. A chorus of no's follow suit. After pulling me shoes on, I grab my wallet and keys: heading out the door.

   Deciding to walk to the Pizza Hut down the road, I set off; humming softly.

   A small whimper comes from an alley as I pass, stopping me in my tracks. I stop humming and wait for the noise again.

   Like expected, a small whimper comes from the alley in question. With tentative steps I approach the source of the sound.

   Shoe clad feet start to come into view as I walk around a dumpster. A small boy curls further into himself as I step nearer.

   "Are you okay bud?" I whisper, not wanting to scare him more then he already is. Instead of an answer I get a squeak and him hiding his face in his hands.

   "If Zayn can't see man then man can't see Zayn." He whimpers. A sad smile finds its way to my face.

   "I can still see you kiddo. But I'm not here to hurt you." I tell him. His hands fly from his face, soft brown eyes blown wide. A set of fluffly black ears perk up. I decide to ignore them for the time being.

   "Not gonna hurt Zayn?" He whispers. "Nope, just wanna help. I'm Niall."

   He nods his head, not moving from his spot. "Do you wanna come back to my house, since it's getting dark out?" Zayn looks hesitant but finally agrees after a minute.

   I hold my hand out which he grabs gently. After a look at his clothes I shrug off my jacket, draping it over his shoulders.

   "Before we get back to my house you need to know. I live with a few of my friends. They're all really nice though, especially Harry. I'll introduce you to them after we get you cleaned up, yeah?" He nods without looking up from the ground.

   I unlock the door and lead him in. "That was fast Ni!" Harry calls from the kitchen.

   "Slight change in plans, will explain later." I respond. Zayn follows me to my room, eyes wandering around the house.

   Once in my room I start shuffling through my clothes for something that would fit the cat boy. I find a pair of basketball shorts and an a soft grey sweater with a pair of new boxers.

   "Lets get you in the shower, yeah?" I point to my en suite. Zayn nods, following me into the bathroom.

   "I'll get it started, then let you wash up." A small grunt is heard as I mess with the water settings.

   I quickly finish and turn to see Zayn sitting on the closed toilet looking at his shoe clad feet. "That should be good. Call me when you're done or if you need help with anything." I instruct before leaving the bathroom.

   Following the voices I find the boys have congregated in the kitchen, all eating whatever Harry made. "Can I talk to you lads for a minute?" I start, entering the room.

   "Yeah, whats up Nialler?" Liam says, all of them giving me all of their attention.

   Taking a deep breath, I start explaining. "So, on my way to get food, I heard something in an alley. I decided to investigate. And I saw a boy. He was  shaking and dirty, so I brought him here to clean up and stuff, and where we go from there depends on you guys." My eyes shift between the three men standing infront of me.

   "If he needs a place to stay he's welcome here." Louis says. A smile spreads across my face as the rest nod in agreeance.

   "Thank you! I'll-" My sentance is cut off by Zayn calling my name. I give them a look saying that we'll talk in a minute and take off up the stairs.

   "You done love?" I ask, walking through the door. "Yeah, need help though." He mumbles, pointing to his ears.

   "What do you need?" I ask. "Water in ears." A small pout is set on his lips; drawing a coo from me.

   With a nod I head to the bathroom to grab cotton balls and swimmer ear drops. "This is gonna feel weird but it will dry up the water." I explain, leaning down to his height.

   After a nod of confirmation I tilt his head to the side so the drops don't drip down his face. "Ready?" I ask. "Mhm."

   Zayn flinches a bit when the drops enter his ear but doesn't protest. I hold his head still and put a cotton ball in his ear, holding it for a second.

   I guide his head to tilt the other way and let the remaining drops be absorbed by the cotton ball. Then we repeat with the other ear.

   "We good now love?" I ask. He nods, looking down at the ground. 

   "I have a question, you don't have to answer if you don't know or don't want to okay?" He tilts his head a bit but says nothing. "How did you get your ears bud?" He lets out a small sigh but answers. "Mummy sold Zayn to doctor."

   My heart breaks at the smallness of his voice. "You have nothing to worry about anything here honey, okay?" I promise the black haired boy.

   He gives me a small smile. I hold my hand out to the cat eared boy.

   "Let's go meet my friends and get food, yeah?" He looks hesitant but agrees.

   We walk down the stairs to the kitchen where the boys are still waiting. Harry was the only one looking in our direction, his eyes widening at the sight of Zayn's ears.

   I clear my throat to make the rest turn around. "Guys, this is Zayn. Zayn, this is Harry, Liam, and Louis." I introduce and point to the respective person with their name.

   "Are those real?" Louis blurts out, pointing at Zayn's ears. Harry shoves Louis lightly for his bluntness. I feel him shrink back behind me with a whimper. "Yes they're real." I answer.

   "I think they're cool bud." Liam tells Zayn. "Yeah, they're adorable." Quiet purs come from Zayn at the praise.

   "So he can stay?" I ask excitedly. They all nod, causing me to squeal with excitement. "Thank you! Now," I turn to Zayn. "we need to get some food in you belly." A small giggle from Zayn makes me smile wide.

   Harrys face lights up at the mention of food. "I made chicken salad if you want it Zayn." He looks excited when chicken. "Chicken yummy."

   We all smile at the excited cat boy, Harry moving to fix him a sandwich.

A/N Hello hello everyone. Sorry that I haven't been updating regularly. I have a discord that you guys can use to talk to me or send requests. https://discord.gg/wGmWuTK9uU

Thoughts?

Requests?

Anywho, I love each and everyone of my queerios so very much. Please stay safe and stay alive, for me if not for yourself. ❤🧡💛💚💙💜 (Since I now have the whole rainbow Imma use it)