The Lost Tribe: The Love for Shangri-la

“What am I going to do today?” Miki asked himself while walking on the absolutely flat very early in the morning. “Oh, I know! I’m going to visit Ynna!” He ran excitedly across the absolutely flat straight to his childhood friend’s house.  He caught her staring at the far end of the sky at the window. He picked a fallen fruit from the ground and mischievously threw it to Ynna’s face.

“Oh my!” Ynna shrieked. “Miki! You little brat!” She jumped from the window and hurriedly chased the riant Miki. They were running under a tree when suddenly a fruit fell on Miki’s head. “Ow! That hurts,” Miki spouted. Ynna burst in laughter. “Now we’re quits. I thanked the tree for helping me,” she patted Miki’s head. “Why are you here?” she asked.

Miki grinned at her. “I want to take you in Shangri-la.”

“Shangri-la? Where is that?” Ynna asked in a confuse tone.

“Come with me,” he held her hand and let her sit in a small cartwheel attached to a bicycle. He dragged her along the rolling.

“Why are you taking me at the slightly hilly?” Ynna asked in fear when she noticed they’re passing the border in the rolling. “Mother, Father, and the Headmen told us not to go in there. It’s dangerous. We’re almost out of our territory.”

“Hush! It’s safe in there. I’ve been there for a couple of times. It’s only a hill with a bunch of trees. You’ll surely be amazed when we reach the Shangri-la.”

“I wonder what the Shangri-la you are talking about is.”

“You’ll see,” Miki winked at Ynna.

Finally, the two have reached their destination. They are on top of the highest hill. Miki searched for the tallest tree. “Over there, Ynna! Come on!” He tugged her towards the tree. She was surprised to see a hanging ladder on it. “Let’s go up! The Shangri-la’s up there!”

“Are you sure about this?” she asked while climbing the ladder.

“Of course, I am! Don’t you trust me?”

“Well, sometimes I don’t.” Miki just shrugged. When she got on top of the tree, she felt like she’s not on the slightly hilly anymore. She felt strange, but she was happy and glad. “This place is so nice. I never get on a place this high! The village looks very beautiful!”

“Indeed. But it will be more fantastic here during sunset.”

“Really?”

“Uhum. And look at that. Can you see that? That wide blue space under the sky and beside the ground?”

“Yes! I can see it! It’s fascinating! And unusual? It looks like a big river of water. What is that?”

“I don’t know. That’s why I want to get there someday. I want to go outside the village with you and Amy. It’s a big place out there. I wonder what waits for us when we got there.” Miki said while staring at the far end of the wide blue space.

“What you are thinking is dangerous, Miki. Serenitas Tribe never wants each and one of us to get in danger! That can cause conflict in our tribe. We never wanted that.”