Bone tree.

We ended up walking in the forest to test the air gun and I looked it over.
"This is high tech but also child like."
"How's that possible?" Todd asked
"I have no idea. But from just examining it, there's no way what happened in the barn should ever come out of this. This is truely a fascinating case."
"You never did answer how you and Dirk know one another." He told
"You should really ask him that. Your his friend and this is something friends should tell friend.... not that I would know, since I don't have any."
"You went to school. I heard Dirk telling you that it was important."
"I couldn't make friends. No one wants to be friends with the person who's connected to the universe cause people think your weird. And no one wants to be friends with someone weird."
"I'm friends with Dirk. And he is as weird as it gets."
"It feels like home to me."
"Do you want to know how I met him?"
"Please tell me, your not from blackwing."
"No. No, not at all. I'm on the run from that."
"That's good.... that your not apart of them not the on the run from them. Terrible place."
"Well, he broke into my place through the window. And I threw a shoe at him making him fall into my place." He told smiling making me laugh.
"That sounds like him. I'm glad he found you while I wasn't able to be around. I don't know what I would do if I lost him."
"You really care for him."
"Of course. He's the reason I got out of blackwing when I did."
"Okay, this is a good spot." He told stopping as i came next to him and pointed to the tree.
Before I could do anything Tina took it from my hands.
"What?"
"Your a minor. I'm not allowing you to get hurt."
"I'm 20. 21 in a few days."
"Your 20?!" They both asked
"Yeah. It was this whole thing with Blackwing that's the reason I look younger then I am."
"Weird." Tina told before pointing the gun at the tree.
"You need to tell Todd. He asked how we know one another and I told him you need to tell him." I quietly told
"I will tell him before we get back to the station." He told making me nod before Tina fired the gun hitting the tree.
"Holy shit. That's bananas." She told before firing three more times.
"Give, give, give." He told taking it off of her.
"You already had a turn. It's my turn now." I told taking it off of him.
"Just be safe."
"I will." I told before signalling to Todd making him give a nod.
'This is a problem.'
I fired the gun making more bark fly off the tree.
"This is so cool!" I told making us minus Tina laugh.
"Ok no more turns for you. I don't need you getting hurt." He told taking it off of me.
He went to aim it at the tree as Tina came next to him really close.
"Do you know how it works?" She asked
"Yes, you point it and pull this trigger here..." he explained only for her to get a serious expression.
"Give it back."
"Right." He quickly said handing it to her.
He walked over to the tree and I quickly followed after him.
"Is that what I think it is Amelia?" He asked as we looked at the same thing.
"Yeah. That's a hand." I told
"Excuse, there's a person in this tree." He told them making them look towards us.
"We need to get the other two." I told.

"Yeah, these are fingers." Hobbs told
"This hair on the meddle knuckle means this finger is connected to an adult male." Farah told before looking towards us. "As to how the man got preserved and mummified inside a tree..."
"Is it possible he ate some tree seeds or a baby tree, developed a stomachache, went to sleep here and..." he told as he began to show a tree coming out of his stomach.
"Nope." Todd quickly told.
"Could be the missing husband Hector." Hobbs told
"So, say we found the couple who lived here. What about their child?" Farah asked
"Who said anything about a child? Todd asked
"There's nothing about a kid in the file." Tina added.
"I saw scratch marks on a door frame, marking out someone's height, like you would do with a child." She told
"Your meant to do that?!" He asked making them all look towards us.
"My height was meant to be checked the whole time I was growing?!"
"It said nothing about marking heights in those parent books." He told before we looked at each other and realised what the markings on the doors meant. "Yes, of course."
"Oh, it's so obvious." I told as we walked a bit away from the tree a bit and turned back around to them.
"The Cardenases had a child, and that child could have been a boy."
"The boy." We both told " 'Find the boy.'"
"Ha! Solved it." He told before hugging Hobbs.
"Oh! Oh."
"Did you solve anything, though?" Tina asked
"No." Todd told
"Not even kind of." Farah added
"Just let me have this moment." He told earning an ok from Hobbs and a tap before he pulled Todd into the hug with him and Hobbs.
"Shouldn't we find the boy? He could be endanger from... oh I don't know, Blackwing." I told making him pull away from Hobbs and Todd.
"Good idea Amelia." He told as he came and gave a kiss to my forehead.
"They are so weird." Tina told
"Should we cut the body out of the tree. I've always wanted to use a chainsaw."
"Nope." He told
"Fine."
We went with Hobbs and Tina to the police car to get something for the tree and the body in it and I gave a nudge to him.
"Did you tell him?"
"Not yet. I promise, I'll tell him Amelia. You are of every part of my life and I don't want that to be hidden." He quietly told making me smile.
I gave him a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek, and I knew he was smiling from it."
"I love you so much, and I'm glad your here with me." He told
"I love you as well dad. I'm glad I fell through that bed into the closet." I quietly told before we went after the rest of the group before they realised we were a bit behind.
'I'm glad he is safe.'