chapter 1

a/n: i will put TW if it has something that needs it. most chapters will involve death so i'm not really gonna put one for that. also most chapters will involve surgery like greys. okay let's read.

you wake up and realize it's your first day at grey-sloan memorial. you just got the job as cheif of pediatrics so you wanted to get their early enough. your apartment was down the street from the hospital. thank god. but it was 4:30 a.m. so you decided to wash all your worries and thoughts away and slowly got out of bed.

you walked out to the kitchen and made your french vanilla iced coffee with whole milk. (it's my sisters order don't judge i don't drink coffee) you put it in a plastic starbucks cup you bought about 4 months ago on etsy. you loved criminal minds so it was criminal minds/ spencer reid themed. you loved it. you don't eat breakfast it makes you sick so you walked out of the kitchen and back to your room.

you stared at all of your dresses for 15 minnutes straight then finally picked an outfit. so you went into the shower and don't wash your hair because curls would look better if you didn't. you put on your semi tight lavender dress and walked into the bathroom and turned on your curling iron. you curled light curls into your h/l hair and put it into a high ponytail. your hair looked pretty and you looked like a bad bitch. like you were duh. you decided to leave since it was now 6:00 a.m. and grabbed your keys to your white jeep wrangler. you decided to drive because what time your done with your job it is not safe to walk by yourself. especially since it was seattle.

you got to grey-sloan and dr.bailey noticed you immediately. she walked over to you smiling very big. "hello i'm cheif miranda bailey!" she said in an enthusiastic tone. "hii as you know i'm dr. y/f/n y/l/n" you said smiling. "of course i know you come with me to my office" she said joyfully. you walked with her up admiring the beautiful blue walls and the abstract paintings on the walls.

you got to her office and it was surrounded by glass walls. it had the whole view of the hospital. 'absolutely gorgeous' you thought. she basically just gave you your badge and coat and showed you the attendings lounge. then she got paged to an incoming trauma. around 10 minutes later you were paged for a baby in distress 5 minutes out. it was your time to prove your talent on your first day.

you got to the er and put on your yellow protective plastic coat. and waited outside for the ambulance to pull in. then a beautiful lady with blonde hair and blue eyes walked out too. 'wow she's gorgeous' is all you could think. "hey are you the new cheif of peds?" she asked with a big smile on her face. "um yeah i am. my names y/f/n y/l/n but you can calm me y/n"
you said in awe. "mine name is arizona robbins i'm cheif of fetal. i'm guessing your here for the baby in distress while i'm here for the mother." she said laughing. "yeah we will have to learn to be a great team" you said laughing back. "i think we will make a good one" then she winked at you smiling. you felt butterflies in your stomach and a chill up your spine. but before you could think of what just happened you heard the ambulance getting closer. "our patient is here!" arizona said smiling. all you could do was smile back.

the ambulance driver ran it down to us. basically the mother was in pre eclampsia and the baby was now at high risk. you felt bad the mother was alone since she was just here for a business trip. you knew this baby was going to be born. but you knew the baby's survival rate was very low saying it was 10 weeks early. "i'm sorry katie but we're going to have to take the baby now. she is in way to much distress in there." you said calmly. arizona just assured her everything was going to be okay. you watched them prep the or while you scrubbed in. your scrub cap was light purple with pastel dinos. you had a cute one so kids would open up to you more. then arizona walked in.

"hey arizona" you said smiling. "wow your scrub cap is adorable the kids must love it" she said with a huge smile on her face. "they feel more comfortable when it's something that they can like." you said smiling. you both scrubbed in and talked about where you grew up, where you went to med school and where you did your residency/ fellow ship. then your 4 minnutes of scrubbing in was up so you walked in to the or with your hand in the sterile field. "hi i'm y/f/n y/l/n but you can all call me y/n i'm the new cheif of peds" you said smiling. all the nurses welcomed you and you had a scrub nurse named bohkee. she seemed very sweet and caring. "10 blade" arizona said. "sit back and observe y/n i'm surgical royalty" she said laughing. thank god katie was under anesthesia since you both knew this was a whole lot more complicated than a normal c section. the baby was born 10 minutes later and you immediately picked the baby girl up and brought her to the bed. she wasn't breathing and was in clear distress. you couldn't get her to breathe on her own in 10 seconds so you decided intubation was the only possible way. "give me the smallest intubation tube you got" you said calmly. they showed you it and it fit perfectly. the baby girl started breathing you let out a sigh and everyone in the or was smiling. "i'm going to bring her to the nicu let me know when you are done here" you said to arizona. she just said okay and continued doing her surgery. around two hours of the baby girl in the nicu arizona walked in. "she made it" arizona said smiling. you went up and hugged her tight. she laughed and asked how the baby was. you just handed her the chart. "wow she's doing amazing she's a warrior" arizona said joyfully.

~time skip to 8.p.m~

after the baby was born this morning you just had to check up on patients and discharged a ton. you also met all the other chiefs and loved them all. they were all world class surgeons then you. you obviously did tons of research for figuring out what you can do to help kids but it's hard research. you finally left at 9 p.m. thank god you were exhausted.

you got home put on sweats and an oversized shirt. and passed the fuck out.

a/n:
thank you for reading :) this is one of my favorite chapters i'm in love with it. also let me know any suggestions please

love you :)