snow

Cold mornings in December were her favorite. They always had an aura of production to them. Whenever she woke up and took Sumo for a walk, she knew today was going to be a good day to get things done. That only occurred during the weekend though, when she had time off to herself. Weekends allowed her to have alone time, no interruptions and a needed break. It was nice.

The only difference between the weekend and today's morning was that it was a Wednesday. She had to get up and go to work. She was up early to get ready.

Or, at least, when Nines woke her up.

Which was about to be in a minute and about twenty-one seconds.

This time she was ready, only because she couldn't get back to bed for three more minutes until he came in. Which gave her time to check the weather for the incoming day. When she checked, it didn't look good. It was supposed to snow, hard.

Sure, yeah, she lived in Detroit. She could drive in the snow fine. It was uncomfortable and she lacked control she liked while driving. She could drive in a couple inches worth of compact snow, just not the amount the city was about to get.

So, being her, she decided to work from home today. It was a nice compromise and she needed an off day. Especially one that could be kinda fun.

"Wake up ..." Nines said through a knock on the door. He hesitated before coming in, visible shock when he noticed she was up already, "Did you get enough sleep?"

She nodded and began the fidget with the comforter, "I'm not sure I'll be able to take us to work today. I think I'll call in and take a day off. It's-"

"Why?"

She frowned and sat up, moving her legs to the edge, "What do you mean why? Have you checked the weather?" The audacity and it's not even work yet.

He nodded and stepped in the room, "Well, yeah. Of course. It's not supposed to be much anyway."

She blinked, what? There was no way he actually said that out loud. No possible way. Of course she had to get the most advanced android CyberLife had to offer. Of course he had to have no experience with snow. Just her luck.

"Have you ever driven in snow before? It's literally the worst."

"No," his LED swirled yellow. To her, that meant he was about to say a dumbass remark that made her want to slam him against a brick wall, "No, I haven't. I thought you have lived here long enough to attain the skills to drive in the snow."

Ah, yes. There it is.

Standing up and walking over to her dresser, picking out an outfit, "Well, obviously not. I'm not entirely fond of slick surfaces." She paused her sifting and pointed an accusing finger at him, "And since you've never driven in any sort of bad condition, we're gonna work from home. You seem to enjoy it anyway."

She resumed her searching and found a pair of black sweats — a pair that may or may not be his. In her defense, they were comfy and she liked them. Looking back at the android in her room, his LED was flickering back and forth between blue and yellow. That never was a good sign. His eyes were on the pair of pants in her hand, he definitely knew. He didn't make a move to say anything about the fabric of clothing though.

"Would Captain allow you to? You did take a week off two months ago."

Moving on to the wardrobe with her shirts and sweatshirts in it, she scoffed, "Dude," she turned her head so he was in her peripherals, "That hardly counts. I was sick as shit. And plus, Sumo loves the snow. It'll be good for everyone."