United

© 2015 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved. 

~KATYA~

The dinner was informal, yet all the royal families called to Sicily by the Moon Goddess were dressed in suits and dresses.

The open almond tree filled acres of the back patio was home to the royal families. Almond trees made me want to cry as I think of Stark and I sitting leisurely together under the almond tree not even two days ago. I had to focus on the task at hand, on getting Stark back.

I found remembering the butler's names easily. I encountered Kyo with his mismatched eyes, the Sakurai family's butler, as well as white haired Kristos, the Vasilakis family's butler. From the Jaeger family came Felix and his diagnol scar, his rich blond hair tied in a low ponytail. There was another family, the Lumescents, whose butler I had yet to meet,

Turning the corner, I decided that now was the time to call attention and explain my theory. Kyo helped me up onto the podium and I cleared my throat, trying to get attention to the others.

"Excuse me?" I called out. A few of the royals at the front addressed me with their eyes but the rest were chattering.

I clenched my jaw and cleared my throat again, speaking a bit louder this time. "Listen up or I'll have Nikolai electrocute you."

That seemed to get their wary attention.

"My name is Katya Anosova."

I braced for the gasps, but none were heard. It seemed that my Mother had already informed them. That was good. It meant less time explaining unnecessary things that even I didn't know the answer to.

"I'd like to motion a proposal." I found that the families had split into their own clusters. It was surprisingly almost color coded.

The red were the Sakurai family, consisting of two girls and one father who looked like he was probably yakuza and with Jazz and Draver looking like body guards beside them, I wouldn't be surprised if they were mistaken for a scene in a movie shoot. The green were the Jaeger family, only an older boy and a young girl were there with Felix and Castor standing politely beside them. The white were the Vasilakis, Kristos was standing with Kendra behind a father and mother as well as their teenage daughter. The blue was the Lumescents, a family of two, a mother and son, flanked by Alric and Lorena.

Kyo still stood beside me, as well as the rest of my family.

"The Moon Goddess called you here today for a reason. That reason is because we're running out of time. I am running out of time. Back during the aftermath of the Irish famine, I'm aware that some of you may have remembered the mate killings. Well, Orion plans to reenact that using me. He has an army of Ancients, and I need your army."

"Why should we lend you our help?" the head of the Sakurai family narrowed his eyes. "I will not stand for this. I'm not willing to risk my life for a strangers-"

"No, you misunderstand me. You are not army. The Lycans you've created... they're my army." I said slowly.

Their eyes flickered amongst each other, as if discussing if that was okay.

"I need Lycans." I began again. "Lycans who are as old as Lorena."

"How can we be sure that this is the will of the Moon Goddess?" the mother of the Vasilakis family declared. "All we know is that she called us here. We are not inclined to believe the words of a long lost royal."

"I'm not sure if you know this, but Iris Morrisey, a friend of mine, suffered from a blow with a wraith while we were underground. Her life force was nearly diminished, but somehow she managed to survive because of the Moon Goddess, who possessed her body by night and returns control to Iris in the day."