An Explanation

Double update so make sure you've read the previous chapter first!

I grab my things from my car and start heading towards my building. Just before I reach the door I see something out of the corner of my eye.

No, I think. It can't be.

But it is. That same black Range Rover that sat in the same spot last week. He's here again.

I walk into the building and there he is, stood in the same spot he was last week. He looks up from his phone and locks eyes with me as I walk towards him. Immediately, a big smile, dimple and all breaks onto his face.

"Before you say anything, I know this is kinda weird," He says as I approach him, his smile diminishing a bit.

"Let me guess, this was Ryan's idea?" I ask, knowing Ryan couldn't stay silent on this after our lunch.

"Unless you're really happy to see me, then it was my idea," he says with his cheeky smile that makes me want to give in to anything he says.

"I guess it can be your idea," I say in a tone that I'm sure shows my irritation with him. I can't let him get off that easy... but maybe I should. He doesn't owe me anything.

I push the button for the elevator and the doors immediately open. Harry and I both step inside and I can still see his wide grin from the corner of my eye.

The elevator ride and walk to my apartment is filled with random small talk that isn't awkward at all. And I'm not being sarcastic. I was worried about whether I would ever see or talk to Harry again five minutes ago and now I feel almost at ease. How does his presence have this much of an effect on me?

After we get into my apartment I head for the couch, hoping Harry will say something before I get there so things don't get awkward.

"So, I owe you an explanation," He says just after I sit down.

"You don't," I say. He kind of does, but at the same time if he doesn't want to talk to me or hang out again, that's fine, he doesn't owe me anything just because we hung out a couple times.

He comes to sit down next to me before he speaks again. I turn to face him and pull my knees to my chest so there's some kind of barrier between us.

"Yeah, I do. I know I left you thinking I didn't wanna talk to you or hang out again. But I didn't mean to, if you believe that. I've had a crazy week of tour practice and promo and that's not an excuse to not talk to you, but it really slipped my mind. I promise I'll be better though. I want to talk to you and keep hanging out."

I sit there for a few seconds, just staring at him and trying to figure out what I should say now.

"I still don't get it, Harry," I finally say.

He turns to face me better, pulling one leg onto the couch in front of him.

"I know I'm sending mixed signals, I'm sorry."

He starts running his hands through his hair in frustration, so I quickly speak up to clarify that it's not his fault that I don't get it.

"No, it's not that. I believe you that you want to keep talking and hanging out and that you had a crazy week and that's why you didn't text me or anything. What I don't get is why," I admit, looking at a wall over his shoulder to save myself from the intense eye contact he's always making while I'm talking.

"Why wouldn't I want to talk to you and hang out with you?" He asks softly, making me look at him again.

"Because you're you and I'm me and we really shouldn't even know each other. I know we basically had the same conversation last week, but that didn't clear it up and now I need to know. Our lives don't fit together, Harry, so I don't understand."