5. The engagement date😍

"Okay nyonika ji, I will immediately call the priest and ask for auspicious date for engagement and then marriage" excitedly beamed Shanu.

"Sure Shanu ji, please proceed. Should we wait or can we leave? I will ask my side priest regarding the dates"

"I want you to be here with me but I do understand that as a groom's mother, you too have some responsibilities"

"Sure. Thanks for understanding. We will take a leave. Hope to hear the dates very soon from you. Bye Nandini dear. I feel lucky to have you as my daughter in law" saying so, Nyonika left the place. Manik was in a dilemma whether to say a goodbye to Nandini or leave along with his mother. Before he could even decide, he heard it from her!

"Bye" and then she gave a shy smile. That smile was enough to make Manik's heart dance in gangnam style.

"Bye Nandini. I will take a leave aunty and uncle" saying so, he quickly took the blessings of Nandini's parents.
As soon as he left, Nandini too went inside her room in the pretendance of resting. Her parents knew, she need sometime to process everything. The girl who was not ready to marry, to leave her parents has now said YES to get married.

At Nandini's room:
She is a strong believer of God and hence decided to share her feelings with her favourite God, her guiding star Ayyapa.
"Ayyapa, today I met a man and his name is Manik Malhotra. He is a CEO yet he is not behaving that way. He isn't rude, arrogant and haught like a typical romance novel CEO. I hope he is good. I didn't know what made me tell yes straight forwardly but I know you will be there with me always. Please be with me my guiding star. The moment he told he will let me meet my parents, I knew he is different because in India after a girl is married, she is expected to not even visit her parent's home and she becomes a guest in her own house! But I don't want to be that girl. I am the only child of my parents and I know without me, they will feel void. But even if I stay here without getting married, I know I will burden them. As much as I wanted to ignore the society's taunt, I can't because they will blame my parents for not getting me married. Like seriously, I am a doctor and I am financially independent, yet they want me to get married, so that I will be safe in future. I don't believe this. But I don't want to let my parents down. They are my life. I will marry him. But as you know, my parents didn't force me in this. I chose him. I feel something pulling me towards him. I hope our married life will be successful. Manik too has his own fears and I too have my own. Hope this will turn out good. Whatever happens, you please be with me. I have come to this level only because of your guidance. Please be with me, my ayyapa"

After speaking her heart out to her ayyapa, she felt really good and optimistic about life. By the time she came out for dinner, her parents had called the priest regarding the dates.

"Nandu, I have called the priest and he told we can do the engagement on 25th of March that is 10 days from now on. Hope you are fine with it"

"Yes ma" replied Nandu, feeling sad again with the thought of separating from her parents.

"Nandu, I understand you. I have gone through the same situation as you. Infact every girl goes through the same. But beta, he resides just 2 streets away from us. So you can come and meet us whenever you want"

"That's exactly my point ma. I can only meet you, not be with you like this. I will miss you ma. I will miss dad. I will miss this home" she broke down and her mother comforted her by hugging. Shanu couldn't really say anything because she knew her daughter is right. She will not be moving and beaming in this house after marriage. She couldn't be the same carefree child anymore. After marriage, lot of responsibilities will come. Her matured daughter will become even more matured hereafter.
Suddenly Shanu got a call from Nyonika.

"Hello shanu ji, we have talked with our priest and he fixed the date on 25 th of this month. Is it okay with you all? Or should we look for somewhere date?"

"No nyonika ji, I just talked with my family priest and he too told the same date. It is okay for us. We have only 10 days left. We must begin with the arrangements"

"Yes shanu ji. Tomorrow we will visit our family temple and begin with the preparation. Can we do the engagement shopping on Saturday,the day after tomorrow? Please ask Nandini if she is free that day"

"I will tell her to take an off that day. Thanks nyonika ji. I will call you back again"

"Sure shanu ji, I will talk to you later" both cut the call.

"Nandu, please take an off on Saturday we have to do the engagement shopping that day. Manik and his family will come and both our families will do the shopping together"

********************
Yaayy! Done with this chapter. A pretty long one. Did you like this part and this story? If so, do let me know in the comments.