[8]

"You know that feeling where you just completely put yourself out there? You know? And you're sure so of it. And, right when you're about to cross the finish line you just think, this is the dumbest thing I ever could've done. You know, is she even worth it?" Joel asked. "Wow. I can't believe I just asked that."

"Why do you think Aimee is not worth it?" Mav1s asked.

"I-," Joel started, thinking about his answer.

"Is it because of the Olive girl you mentioned?" The robot asked.

"Liv?" Joel asked, "No, no," He said quickly. He looked down at the nail polish on his nails. "I don't think so."

"It is okay if you choose a different quest Joel." Mav1s said, "Maybe instead of finding Aimee you can find your Olive."

Joel looked at her. "This is really confusing." He said quietly. "I thought I knew what I wanted."

"What did you want?" Mav1s asked.

"To go get Aimee." Joel answered.

"And what do you want now?"

"To go make sure Liv's okay. To tell her I care about her too-," Joel stopped himself, "Woah."

"Would you like to see a trick Joel?" Mav1s asked off subject.

"S-sure." Joel said, his mind racing about what he just said.

"What is your full name, and where you were born?" Mav1s asked.

"Joel Dawson. Fairfield, California." Joel said. He watches as Mav1s's screen start to scroll through photos that looked familiar to Joel. He sat up straighter, realizing its his family.

"What lovely parents you had, Joel."

"Oh my god." Joel whispered as a picture of his mom came onto the screen. "I don't even have a picture." He said with tears in his eyes.

"What would you say to your mother now, Joel. If you had the chance?" Mav1s asked.

"I'd guess I'd tell her I'm okay." He said, "I made it to a colony. Met a lot of really, really good people who took really good care of me. They also lost a lot, so, I'm up on the surface now, trying to get to Aimee. I don't know if you remember her. I met more people. This girl, her name is Olive. She's really cool. You would like her." A tear ran down Joel's face. "I think I really messed up. I left her to fight a monster by herself. She told me to go find Aimee but- I don't know if I want too. Not without her." Joel cried quietly, wanting his mom to tell him what to do. "And I miss you guys so much. I'm so sorry."

Joel leaned into Mav1s, hugging her feeling slightly better.

~~~

Olive groaned as she was nudged harshly, making her fall onto her side. She blinked rapidly trying to wake up fully. She looked seeing it was Trevor. Thank god they didn't kill her last night.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Trevor slithered to the cave opening, gesture for Olive to come with her head. Olive looked at Trevors kids that were still sleeping before following.

"Do you leave them often?" Trevor nodded, "Guess they can take care of themselves. They're the size of a basset hound."

They walked, talking about random stuff. Well- Olive mostly talking about random stuff while Trevor just listened.

Trevor stopped making Olive look, "What?" She said looking around. He looked towards a certain direction before using its pointy tail to tap Olive's jacket.