CLASS OF 2013: MY TOP 10 PICKS OF NEW AUTHORS

Ok so let me explain the title of this part of the magazine. Every one on wattpad is always trying to get their stories out there for the world to read, always trying to get more exposure, because exposure and reads can sometimes be quite hard to come by. For those of you who DON'T write but are avid readers, you're always looking for new books to read, new material to fall into, something that will catch your attention and keep it, something good and juicy. Well this part of the magazine is for both writers and readers, but mostly for readers who are looking for good reads.

I first came on the wattpad scene in 2011, and in less than a year I had already gotten over 100,000 reads on my first book, gotten nominated and won a Watty award for it, and had become one of the authors to be on the look out for. My fan base still grows daily and both of my main books haven't left the charts since the day they first entered them, and for that I'm blessed. I was extremely lucky to be a member of the wattpad class of 2011, but I'm aware that that was two years ago, and now there's a new group of authors emerging from the four corners of the world who want the same opportunities and shine time that I was given, and in other words, it's time to pass the torch.

So after many weeks of going through and reading different peoples' stories, I have finally chosen the top 10 whom I personally think will make a HUGE splash in this years Watty awards, or just on Wattpad in general. These are the authors and their stories that have touched me in one way or another, so much so, that I had no other choice but to share them with the rest of you. To make things fair, these really are new authors on wattpad that I chose, everyone whose name is on the list has only been a member of wattpad since 2012, no earlier, and also, the names are NOT in any specific order because their stories are all equally amazing.

So without any further ado, lets check out the class of 2013....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SuparnaGhosh - To start my list I have chosen a brilliant woman whom has not made the list because I feel that she needs to make a name for herself here on wattpad (because she already has a HUGE name for herself outside of wattpad). I have chosen her because she is someone whom i've looked up to for many years, and is one of the people who actually inspired me to began writing. Her name is Suparna Ghosh, and she is a professional poet and painter, and the book of hers that I truly love the most is one that is not on wattpad, but for reference it's called 'Dots and Crosses'. It's a poetry book about life, love, loss, and the rejuvenation of all of the above. She's also done lots of work in radio, television, and stage, and if you've ever read her works, you'll know that she is just simply unbeatable ladies and gentlemen. Please, I ask that you all fan her and soak up all of her gifts that she blesses us with here on wattpad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skinandbonesx - I have to say that as far as her novel 'Pulse' is concerned, this author is probably the MOST like me when it comes to her way of thought, and pulling her audience in, making them want to read more.

DESCRIPTION of 'Pulse' - Rowan Platts is an aspiring Animal Behaviorist, working as an intern for the world renowned Doctor Phelps while finishing up her degree. She is top of her class, has squeezed herself in as Phelps’ right-hand woman, and is the pride of her friends and family. Things can’t seem to go any better for Rowan, and when she gets the opportunity to take part in a ground breaking study alongside her mentor, she simply can’t refuse it, knowing that it will provide her with a stepping stone into a very successful career. She quickly realizes that she might have gotten herself in over her head though, when she is forced to sign a confidentiality contract with dire consequences if broken, and finds herself frequently stalked by tall men in sharp, black uniforms. The security measures all make sense when Rowan finally finds out what the controversial and completely undisclosed subject of their study will be; a boy with striking blue eyes, unnatural body chemistry, and an uninhibited taste for human blood.