57. Cold Feet Meetings!

Aiden's P.O.V

It had been quite a few days since all that drama of Noah's confession and Arianna's clipping of her parents.

Honestly, I still get shivers imagining that video, seeing the cold look in his eyes when he actually destroyed a whole family. Arianna had warned me that it was going to be way too gruesome but I don't regret doing it.

If this is her fight, then I want to be there beside her.

While we were in college, it felt so hilariously weird to call her Olivia. It was more difficult for Noah actually since he often blurted out Ari instead of his regular Olives and had to literally bite his tongue around Sienna. 

No problem for me since she was my princess!

Even Austin was getting like a bit of problem one time. He had once suddenly facetimed us when we were at the headquarters. I still remember running inside some empty rooms to find one which looked like ours. 

Then Noah waltzed in as an angel for the both of us as he set up a virtual background for the video. We were almost caught that day!

But the biggest news was something entirely different. My mom had called a few days ago, demanding to know what we both were up to. 

She said and I quote, "I thought you were allowed a call if you were thrown in the jails so why didn't I get one for so long?"

Arianna had somehow heard our conversation from behind. I told her that somewhere deep inside my heart I wanted to tell my mom everything about the two of us but I knew I couldn't. 

But my princess shocked me as always. 

She said that we might be able to tell her. She just needed validation from James who would run through his sources to check that nobody from my family can anyways recognize Arianna as a Romano or even connect her to the Reine.

  James was going to tell us right now if all was clear or not. I was waiting for Arianna to show up when suddenly the door burst open.

"Hey guys- or only guy in this case... Where is Anna?" James asked as he noticed me alone. 

"I don't know. She was supposed to be here around half an hour ago." I shrugged as James gave me a knowing smile. 

"She is getting cold feet." He mumbled as he shook his head. 

"Cold feet? But about what?" I asked in confused state as he sighed loudly, gesturing me inside his office as he shut the door behind me. 

I sat down on the couch as he pulled over a chair right in front of me as he sat down. 

"When you first met or talked with Arianna, what was your first impression about her?" He asked as he crossed his arms as I recalled our first talk under the tree.

"Rude to put it politely." I snorted as he nodded his head.

"What about now?" He asked as I grinned at him.

"Now... Now she is this beautiful and lovely person I had never seen. One moment she is serious about mafia stuff and the next moment we both are laughing and bickering about something absolutely ridiculous. She might be the most genuine and understanding person in my life after my mom and Noah. Now... She is everything I never expected her to be but she still is."

My eyes went wide as I realized what I had just spoken out while James just smiled at me.

"That was one hell of a confession!" He teased as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"We shall never speak of it again!" I said in warning tone as he gestured the zipping of his mouth.

"But this is what I wanted to show you. She doesn't have the best track record in first impressions. When we had seen your file, I remember her cringing at your first conversation. I have a feeling she is having second thoughts about meeting your mom. By the way they are clear, so you can talk with her about your relationship." He explained as I thought about it.