Chapter 19

It's been a couple of days ever since we were alone at home. The time spent with just Olivia and Leyton was amazing. We had pillow fights and we watched movies while we ate tons of junk food. 

Today was Olivia's dance recital and I was honestly excited to see her performance. 

My little Munchkin looked so nervous, I wished I could just hold her to me and comfort her. Livvy was wearing a cute ballerina dress with her ballerina flats and her hair was in a high neat bun. She looked like the ballerina that she is and most of all she was adorable.

I was honestly confused with what I should wear but I settled on a white top, the top part of the top as well as the sleeves were an illusion, and the material felt silky. I wore a high waisted black flare skirt and I paired the outfit out with black stilettos. I pinned some of my hair upwards but left most of it to freely flow down to my shoulders. I then applied lip gloss and some eyeliner and mascara to pop out my features. I took my black and white side bag and was ready to go.

"Are you two ready to go?" I asked Leyton and Olivia as I approached them.

"I think so." Leyton said standing up and making his way to me. "You look gorgeous." He said brushing his lips on my cheek.

"Thank you." I said also liking what I saw. 

Leyton was dressed in black jeans a white top and a leather jacket with boots and his favourite watch.

"Alright, let's go ladies." He said escorting us outside where, Keegan and Michael were waiting, Leyton thought that it would be a good idea to have them by us, with this being a kind of event we could possibly encounter cameras or anything like that.

"You'll be great, don't worry Sweetheart." I said looking at the nervous girl next to me.

"I agree with Mommy, you'll be fine, don't be nervous Princess." Leyton added onto my statement.

"Thanks, Mommy and thanks Daddy." She said pulling our hands around her for a small group hug.

For the rest of the trip Leyton and I just played with Olivia to try and distract her from her recital. 

When we got to the studio I noticed that there was a number of cars there, most of them looked like expensive cars to top everything off. Then again even Olivia's kindergarten seemed like a very private one.

"Alright Baby, Mommy and I will be sitting right over there okay?" Leyton asked Olivia as he bent down so that he was at the same level as her. Olivia nodded in response and then reached her hands out to me.

I picked her up and hugged her to me. "Don't be nervous, you can do this Livvy." I said nuzzling her little noise. "Now show me that pretty smile of yours." I said to her. She pulled on a smile and then pecked my cheek just as her dance teacher came over to us.

"Hey Liv you look great." She said to Livvy as she raised her hand for a high five. Olivia reacted by slapping her little hand against her teacher's one.

"Good day Mr and Mrs Santiago, please take a seat anywhere that you'd like, the show will start shortly." She said with such enthusiasm and energy.

"Thank you Miss Belle." He said to her with a small smile before he took my arm and linked it with his as we made our way to the seats in the second row of chairs since the first row was already full.

We sat for about another 10 minutes before Miss Belle climbed on the stage and announced that the recital would now be starting.

Olivia first did a group dance with four other children, but her eyes kept darting to the crowd until they landed on Leyton and I. I shot her an encouraging smile telling her that she was doing great and that she could do this. After that I could see a difference in her dancing. It was less tense and more free, her gracefulness shown even more.