Chapter 3

Leyton's POV

I heard someone knock on the door before it was pushed open by my little princess.

"Hey Munchkin, are you ready for school." I asked her diverting my eyes from the screen of my computer.

"Yep, I'm ready." She said with absolute enthusiasm. "Please take me to school today." She asked with her adorable, famous puppy dog eyes.

"I'm sorry Princess but I have a lot of work to do this morning,. Keegan will drive you there with any car that you want." I said referring to my driver. I watched as her face dropped in disappointment.

"Okay." She said with a sad voice which just broke my heart.

"How about I come and pick you up at the end of the day?" I suggested wanting to see a smile on my baby's face. I watched as her face brightened up and she nodded enthusiastically. "Okay I'll see you after school then." I said as Olivia ran around the table and stood on her little tippy toes to give me a hug.

"I love you Sweetheart, have a great day at school." I said before kissing the crown of her hair.

"I love you too Daddy and thank you, enjoy your day too." She said with a toothy smile before she kissed my cheek and walked out of the door. I couldn't help, but to smile at her as she exited the door.

I worked in silence for another hour with occasional calls from my personal assistant Blake.

"Sir, Mr Lakeside is requesting that the meeting should go on today as planned, he suggested that we conduct a conference call." Blake explained as I reviewed a contract which Blake had sent about a minute go.

I released a sigh of exhaustion and frustration as I thought of what to do.

"Blake please try and call everyone who is involved in the project and ask whether they are still available for the meeting and then get back to me." I said running my hand through my hair.

"Will do, boss man." He said before his line went dead. I quickly finished reviewing the contract and then sent it to Blake after approving it. 

Knowing that it would take Blake at least 30 minutes to get back to me I got up, exited my office and made my way to the guestroom to check on my guest.

I gently knocked on the door but got no response so guessing that she was asleep I made my way into the room. There on the bed laid the lady. She looked so peaceful as she lay there, so deciding not to disturb her I quietly made my way out of the room. As I gently closed the door I suddenly heard the voice of Charlotte from behind me making me slightly jump in fright and quickly turn around to face her. 

"I'm sorry for frightening you." She said as she tried to contain her laughter.

"It's not funny Charlotte." I said shooting her glare.

"Okay, I'm sorry." She said with her hands lifted up. "She's fine, I gave her some paracetamol to help with her headache and fever, she'll be better by tomorrow." Charlotte said as we began walking to the kitchen."I think that you found her at the right time, if she had stayed out for much longer than she had, she could have probably gotten pneumonia or a touch of it anyway." She continued as we took a sit on one of the bar stools by the kitchen Island.

"I'm just happy to hear that she's doing fine, I was worried that I would need to call Dr Dante for her, to be honest I'm still considering it." I stated taking a sandwich that Anna had prepared.

"She'll be fine, you could ask Dr Dante for medication to help with the fever though, but it's already going down, Brianna's soup is a miracle worker." She said nodding her head towards Brianna, who was humming a joyful tune while preparing lunch for the whole house.