I Walk Alone

~Y/n's POV~ 

I woke up the next morning to a vase of freshly cut roses on my nightstand, as well as a note. 

Dearest Kitten, 

I know you are struggling at the moment. I cannot even begin to imagine how you are feeling at this moment. All I know is it is going to take a little while for the pain to go away, but that is okay. We can heal together. Once you wake up Madison is going to help us pack up everything and make sure we get to Monticello safely so you can relax and heal. Quincy will go to New York to stay with Alexander. We can stay at Monticello as long as you want. I need to make sure my baby is ok. 

Sincerely 

--Tommy❤

Awwwww. He even drew a heart. Such a gentleman. I slowly went downstairs, holding the vase of roses close to my chest. 

"Thomas?" I called out. Suddenly, I felt two hands wrap around my waist, causing me to shriek, "TOMMY!"

"Yes love?" He slowly put me down on the couch, kissing my cheek. 

"Good morning." 

"Good morning love! How are you feeling?" 

"I don't wanna talk about it..." I stated. Thomas just nodded, "alright. Understandable. The carriage is ready, it's about an hour ride up to Monticello. Are you ready to go now or do you want some breakfast?" 

"I'm not that hungry," I said, slipping on my shoes. 

"Are you sure? Madison's oatmeal is to die for," Thomas commented. 

"I'm fine Tommy. Let's just go," I began to walk outside towards the carriage. Hopefully this one wouldn't run off a cliff. Thomas just nodded, helping me into the carriage. 

"I love that dress you are wearing. It shows off your beautiful waist I just love to wrap my waist around," Thomas said. I just blushed and sat down, tears welling in my eyes. Thomas sat next to me and grasped my hand. 

"Ya know what we haven't done in a while?" He asked, wiping my eyes. 

"What?" I asked. 

"We haven't read your favorite book, Romeo and Juliet. That book you were reading the day I fell in love with you." 

"You mean the day you met me," I teased. 

"Hey!" He began to tickle me, causing me to laugh like a hyena. 

"TOMMY! TOMMY STOP!" I practically screamed. 

"Not until you admit it was love at first sight," he teased, "why else would you have let me kiss you? You had a crush on me, admit it." I just kept laughing and screaming. 

"Admit it kitten. Give it up. Tell me your secret." 

"NEVER!" I screamed. He tickled me harder. 

"FINE! FINE! I HAD A CRUSH ON YOU THE SECOND I SAW YOU!" I panted out. Thomas stopped tickling me. 

"There ya go. Not that I've known that for almost four years, but hey, at least ya finally told me." 

"Shut up," I retorted. 

"Never. I know you love the sound of my smooth, Southern voice," He teased. 

"Alexander was right. You are full of yourself." 

"But you know you love me!" 

"I do. I do love you. With all my heart," I said. Thomas turned a bright shade of pink and kissed me passionately. I kissed back, remembering our first date. We sat on his roof, kissing under the stars. God it felt like yesterday, but it was four and a half years ago. Now I was married to him. My Tommy. The first man who I had ever kissed was now the father of my three children...and I would of had four if I didn't lose one. I slowly pulled away from Thomas's lips and tried not to cry. Thomas grabbed my hand and pulled out Romeo and Juliet, beginning to read "Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean. From forth the fatal loins of these two foes, A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life; Whole misadventured piteous overthrows Do with their death bury their parents' strife." 

~Time Skip~

We slowly pulled up to Monticello an hour later. 

"It's good to be back," Thomas said. I just nodded, "Y/n? Y/n are you alright?" He asked. 

"Y-Yeah I'm fine. I think I'm just gonna go on a walk while you unpack. Is that okay?" I asked. 

"Of course! Just don't go too far and be back in time for dinner! We're having turkey!" He exclaimed. 

"Alright. I'll be back in time for dinner," I said as I began to walk towards the pond. The pond Thomas and I walked around when I first found out I was pregnant. I watched as a mother duck lead her ducklings out of the water. That is when I burst into the tears. I fell to my knees sobbing, my hair getting stuck to my face. 

"Damnit! Why'd I have to lose my baby! My child!" I yelled at the sky. The sky began to darken. I got up slowly, neck craned to try and see what was going on. Suddenly, rain began to pour down, my hair and dress immediately becoming soaked. I couldn't face Thomas right now. I didn't want him to have to deal with me. I began to sprint away from Monticello, towards the gazebo. I got there quickly and sat under it, sobbing into my knees. 

"I just wanted another baby. I just wanted another baby!" I sobbed. I just sat there and cried and cried and cried. 

~Two hours later~

The storm still continued and I was still under the gazebo. The wind was blowing the trees violently and lightning flashed through the sky. 

"Y/N! KITTEN WHERE ARE YOU?! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS TO BE OUT HERE! Y/N PLEASE!" I heard a voice call. It was Thomas. I wanted to call out, ask for help, be held in his big arms and have him tell me it was okay, but I barely had any strength. 

"Y/N! Y/N PLEASE! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT!" He screamed. I slowly got up, but only after a few feet I fell into the mud as a flash of lightning lit up the sky behind me. 

"Y/N!" Thomas saw me and charged towards me, falling to his knees. 

"T-T-Thomas, you're going to ruin your pants," I said. 

"I don't care. We gotta get you home," he said. And with that, he picked me up and carried me home. 

A/n for this Gaga update, we remember this iconic look.