- 𝟏𝟗

༻ CHAPTER 19 ༺" make them love you

CHAPTER 19
" make them love you."

     ATLANTIS HAD BEEN encouraged to eat something by a sympathetic mags, instead of staring idly at the food on her plate. the older woman understood her and finnick's frustration and was willing to help them.

     "eat." she instructed softly, jerking her head towards her plate. mags wasn't a woman of many words, due to her age but she really was trying.

     letting out a sigh, atlantis nodded forking the pancakes into her mouth carelessly just to get something in her stomach. finnick looked at her in approval. he just needed her to be strong enough for what was going to happen inside of the arena. there were going to be 24 other competitors and the chances of her getting potentially overpowered were quite high.

     with the train being in the capitol it meant that they were going to be pulling up to the remake centre in a matter of minutes. that's where atlantis would be getting a complete revamp in her appearance. hair cut, trimmed nails, most likely a ridiculous outfit. merlin was practically drooling at the thought of it all.

     eventually, atlantis' fears were confirmed when the train pulled into a screech at their stop. instinctively, finnick stood up, walking over to the brunette and pulled her up nudging her towards the window.

     "go to the window, make it look like you're here for a good time, unafraid." he ordered gently, the screams and cheers of the capitol coming from outside encouraging his words to stick with her.

     although atlantis was frustrated at this, she knew that finnick only meant the best for her. if she wanted to take her anger out on someone it'd be best if she kept it to the games. she gave him a solemn nod and crept over to the window.

     many people who were dressed in an outrageous manner were anticipating their arrival, screeching as the tribute train arrived. their faces were caked in makeup in all kinds of styles some of them had altered their bodies, the all famous whiskers and gems glued permanently to their skin. it creeped the girl out.

     nevertheless, she followed her good friend's (and mentor's) instructions. her hand raised upwards in a wave and her face twisted into a bright smile. it wasn't a real one, but these people didn't know her and couldn't tell the difference which was a relief. everyone on her side of the window begun to chant her name, a foreign feeling for atlantis.

     merlin was having no problem in entertaining the capitol's residents with his charm. she only wished she could have this energy with her, but sometimes it seemed like she'd already accepted her possible death.