- 𝟎𝟖

༻ CHAPTER 08 ༺" let it hurt until it is impossibleto hurt anymore

CHAPTER 08
" let it hurt until it is impossible
to hurt anymore. "

     MONTHS ROLLED BY. there wouldn't be a day that atlantis or finnick would miss meeting up with each other. every day at the same time. even if either of them was to be busy, they'd come to the spot for at least a couple of minutes to inform one another.

     in the morning, when daylight had filtered through atlantis' blinds in the bedroom, she'd slowly prepare herself. first a bath with water boiled in a kettle, which she of course had to wait for to cool down, and then scrubbed any dirt away that was present on her body. after getting out and towel drying her hair, the girl debated whether she had time to make herself something to eat.

     judging by the time on the clock it was already around 8 o'clock. she took a quick peek out the window, noticing how white snow had settled on the ground, marking the arrival of winter. atlantis knew that she had to dress according to the weather.

     days were getting shorter too. she and finnick didn't really spend time in the water during this season. they'd sit around together, finnick helping atlantis make hooks and chat. at least there was another part of the day to look forward to.

     quickly, the girl wrapped a scarf around her neck and put on the warmest jacket she had, and walked out the door, not caring about the hungry feeling that was going to be nipping at her stomach later on - it wasn't like she wasn't used to it.

     atlantis continued on her course through town, looking around as many people made themselves scarce. the cold air was much disliked by the people of the district as fishing was also made difficult during this season as not many citizens were urged to get out in such conditions.

     at last, she'd made it to the beach. the ocean seemed to not be frozen over, but atlantis knew that if she were to even attempt to gin there she could fall extremely sick or freeze to death. a few days before finnick had taken her seriously when she told him to go take a swim in the water when making a joke. more or less, he'd lived to regret his decision.

     it seemed that atlantis had made it there before him which was surprising as the boy was usually the one who was on time.  her eyes fixed on the place where she would usually so finnick coming from. surprisingly, he hadn't appeared after twenty minutes, which was strange.

     maybe he got caught up in something?

     even if he had, he'd most likely make an effort to come to tell her. after contemplating it for a while, the girl had decided that her best option was to go to the victor's village and see if finnick was okay. she was sure that if it were her that hadn't come he'd probably go to her house and check on her. they helped each other.