chapter thirty-five

The foul scent of the dark tunnels was masked by Scott's determination to defeat this creature once and for all. 

He, Liam and Lydia trailed through out in hopes of coming across Sebastian, where the banshee would then use her wail to release Mason.

A loud crackle of electricity sounded from afar, seeming to grow louder with each step they took and continued to add onto Liam's anxiety.

"Scott? You hear that?" he whispered.

"I heard that." the banshee retorted with the roll of her eyes.

"Lydia, save your voice." Scott insisted.

The beta's eyes travelled down to his feet where he realized the three were standing in the large pool of water and his eyes widen in fear.

"Lydia, get out of the water!" he screamed just as a shock of electricity pierced through both the alpha and beta, the unbearable pain causing them to fall to the ground.

Thankfully the strawberry blonde had jumped up and grasped onto the ceiling wires, holding her feet above the water, out of harm's way.

Suddenly, Theo appeared from behind the three and grasped onto Lydia's shoulders.

"Sorry, Lydia," he smirked as he shoved her backwards towards a hole within the floor.

"No!" Scott shouted as he forced himself through the pain and threw himself at her, catching her hand just in the time.

Lydia whimpered as Scott began pulling her up however the chimera crouched down behind him and plunged his claws into his back.

"Feel that, Scott? Kanima Venom." he smirked as he pulled back, leaving the alpha with a widen look.

The paralyzation began spreading from his back and towards the front of his hand and he struggled with all his might to hold up the girl.

"Just let it happen. Let it go. Let everything go."

Scott yelled in horror as the venom made its way to his hands and he grip loosened around her hand, causing her to finally fall.

"NO!"

Theo laughed darkly, glad that now nothing stood in his way of retrieving and killing the beast.

Scott and Liam both groaned as a small bit of their abilities to move returned and they began inching on the floor.

The beast's roar echoed loudly by them, signifying that he was here and Theo wolfed out with a smug grin.

"You hear that? That's the sound of real power." he praised as Sebastian walked towards with a look of amusement.

"Another arrogant youth. A contender to steal my name? You think you can take it from me?" Sebastian asked with a bitter tone.

"No, I don't...But she can." he smirked as Max stepped out from the sides of the tunnels with a sly grin.

"Max...?" Liam asked with a disappointed look.

"I remember you." the older man said as he stepped a bit closer to examine her, "Put up quite the fight, didn't you?"

"if you considered that a fight, I hardly think you'll be able to handle this one." she challenged with a raised brow.

Sebastian didn't like this as his eyes glowed into a bright blue and a black smoke began coating his body, turning him into the beast.

He let out a loud roar and charged at her but she instantly shot one of her hands forward, holding him back effortlessly.

She brought her free hand up and gave him a small wave along with a mocking grin, in which Theo looked at her admiringly, before charging at the beat with his claws out.