ii. defense with snape

chapter two
DEFENSE WITH SNAPE
𖤐⁺˚࿐.∗ ̥

ELLE TRIED TO GRACEFULLY strut down the stairs, but her lack of sleep made it quite difficult for her. She wore a soft smile, light freckles splattered on her milky skin. Rohan Jain grinned wolfishly as he saw Cho accompany her, followed by Luna. The brunette's hair toppled down till her waist, lustrous and long, and Rohan's cheeks tinted pink just at the sight of her.

Rohan had fancied Cho since their first year at Hogwarts, and Elle knew that they would make a good pair.

He eyed her up and down as she rolled her eyes and strode past him quickly. Elle chuckled lightly and nudged him, "It's never gonna happen."

Rohan shook his head slowly in denial and turned to Luna, "Good Morning Luna."

"Hello, Rohan! The morning is beautiful, is it not?." Luna dreamily mused, staring at Rohan's startled face.

Rohan grinned as he slung a dragon leather satchel on his shoulder. The Jains were one of the most powerful purebloods of India and could afford the best of the best. However, they never believed in blood purity — India's values were rather accepting to people of all statuses.

"You have a man bag," Elle stated with an amused look on her face.

"It's not a man bag! It's a satchel." Rohan defended himself while Elle chuckled.

"It looks like one to me."

"It's not a man bag."

"Can I borrow your purse, Ro? Mine's all worn out."

"It's a satchel!"

"Purse."

"Satchel."

"Purse."

"Satchel."

"We're late to DADA." Elle stated, "But we do have it with the Gryffindors. Ah, I love the Gryffindors."

Rohan went white — his boggart was Severus Snape after all; he and Neville spent hours bonding over that fact. After the Indian regained his composure, his hands not shaking anymore, he cleared his throat with a smile, "You're only saying that because Harry is there."

"He's practically my brother." Elle deadpanned before looking at her muggle watch, and back at Rohan.

The two locked eyes for a solid two seconds before realizing that they were thirty minutes late for DADA.

"Shit," Elle sprinted through the empty corridors of Hogwarts, Rohan following her, not even taking a moment to admire the cold cobblestone walls or the intricately designed tapestries. After about five minutes of intense running, which served as a great exercise for the two, Elle turned back at Rohan while running, who was still trailing behind her.

"We're almost he-"

Elle however, did not complete her sentence as she ran straight into another figure, dropping to the ground, books falling out of her bag.

The blonde looked up and tucked a strand of her golden hair behind her ear as she gathered her books. The girl she had knocked over was the spitting image of Jade, sultry hazel eyes that twinkled softly, raven hair that cascaded till her waist. And those soft lips, she knew those lips well.

Elle looked as if she saw a ghost, a ghost that she terribly wanted to drag back into reality and be with. "Jade?" She spoke her name softly, barely a whisper tumbling from her mouth. The witch's eyes grew fond, but her facial features seemed stuck, like she couldn't move, couldn't breathe.