6

(Unedited)

(Unedited)

~Six months later~

🎶 I heard the angels call again,
I threw myself a party
Chardonnay and Oxy.
I stopped the screams inside my head,
I remember when you had me
Floating high like Sid and Nancy. 🎶

The buzzing music lifted my mood, outlining the rising sun delightedly, crisp wind gracing my cheeks soothingly, I adjusted the earbuds and jogged a little more, the park winding past behind me.

I concentrated on the lyrics of the song playing, it was one of my favorites by Natalie Kills

🎶 They say it's not the answer but I can't carry on
'Cause I got nowhere, no one, without you boy I'm done
And when I'm gone, remember you're the one
And just because I fight don't mean that I never learned how to love 🎶

Sweat dripped from my forehead, my knuckles hurt from every step I took but I carried on with my pace, it was funny how things changed when you move from a certain place, new surroundings, new people, and new me.

It almost felt everything is just fine, every passing moment felt normal, the new city almost lifted a little of my grief but my heart told it otherwise, I understood what guilt is and how it felt, the numbing feeling was toxic, intoxicating every positive emotion, making you a depending for its good. Music has been my diversion, I listened to it almost every time I'm out of the house.

🎶 You know devils don't fly (fly, fly)
So don't expect me not to fall
Devils don't fly (fly, fly)
But God we almost had it all
But I got chains and you got wings
You know that life ain't fair sometimes
Devils don't fly (fly, fly)
But I try 🎶

It's been five months since I have moved into this city, a two-hour drive from home, leaving behind all the memories, starting afresh has been my motive, I still remember how it all felt, pain, disperse, and mostly guilt, guilt, and guilt.

Memories of the past have been latched in my brain but I kept trying to survive like every other human with a dark past does.

My jogging came to a halt in front of my new house, it was a small two-story house compared to my parent's place where I lived my whole life but it sufficed my needs.

I opened the door using my keys and walked in, comfortable furniture and plants decorated the living room, teel painted walls giving an oceanic feel to it. I went to hit the showers, after a refreshing bath, I got dressed, picked my office essentials, locked the door, and drove away to my company.

I parked my car on the company B block parking lot and walked inside, nodding at my co-workers in acknowledgment.

Memories of how anguishing it was to resign from my previous job invaded my mind, Harry's face flooding in front of my eyes, it took days for my letter to reach his dad.