𝖎. THE AFTERMATH

chapter i

chapter i. bloodstains
THE         AFTERMATH

     bloodstains THE         AFTERMATH

Evelynn felt like she was on fire. She was in pain and her body burned immensely due to the werewolf venom that circulated throughout her body. It was a never ending torture and she was screaming loudly on the inside. It felt like someone had poured gallons of acid on her and she couldn't handle the pain. It was continuous and Evelynn was more than ready to die so it could all be over. She wasn't sure how long she had been in this type of pain, but she felt like it had been an eternity.

Jane walked into the room and sat next to Evelynn, her hand reaching over to squeeze the teenagers hand. To say that Jane was terrified about the situation that Evelynn was in was an understatement. The older woman didn't know what to expect. Evelynn had a less chance of survival, but she could tell that the girl was fighting hard to stay alive. Jane had noticed the way her bite marks had disappeared, which was unusual. She noticed how quick she had healed and it concerned Jane greatly. No vampire heals from a werewolf bite. In fact, no vampire has ever survived the bite of a werewolf. Then again, Evelynn was only half-vampire.

The older woman brushed Evelynn's hair away from her face and proceeded to brush it so it wouldn't become tangled. It had been a routine that Jane had picked up ever since Evelynn was admitted into the hospital. Really, Evelynn had only been there for the weekend but Jane was just anxious and didn't know when she would have to say goodbye. Unlike Lydia, who was doing much better, Evelynn was in a coma. It worried Jane and she tried to be next to Evelynn as much as possible. The blonde had almost lost the hybrid a few times, flatlining for a few seconds before her heart would start pumping again. It was nerve wracking to say the least and it didn't help that she couldn't inform anyone about it.

The blonde woman stayed with Evelynn for a few more seconds before returning back to work. Jane didn't want to leave her, but at least she was in close proximity and she could come back to check up on Evelynn as much as she needed to. Jane squeezed her hand one last time and hesitantly left the room.

The night had been mostly calm, despite how things had gone during formal. Stiles sat outside in the waiting room, next to where both Lydia and Evelynn's room. He had a get well balloon tied around his wrist, all while hugging a brown teddy bear. He had been there all weekend, concerned for both Lydia and Evelynn. He knew Lydia was doing much better, but he was more worried about Evelynn and when she would finally wake up.