Leviathan-Secrets Exposed (SFW)

A/n: Sweet fluff!!

I got a text on my DDD as I was walking home from RAD. Opening it up, I saw it was from Levi.

I love you.

I love you more than anyone else in the world.

My eyes nearly bugged out of their sockets as my heart stopped. What did I just read? It took me several times until I was finally able to accept what he said to me. By that time, I felt like soaring. I simply couldn't believe he loved me, let alone told me about it.

Oh crap! No nonononooooooo!!! Belphie stole my DDD and sent that to you, not me.

Please don't be upset. I'm so sorry! Just delete it and we'll forget it happened.

With every word, I could feel my happiness disappear. I guess I should have known something like that happened. There's no way Levi could love me.

Destroyed and bereft, I ignored the message and finished walking back to the House of Lamentation. As I entered it, Levi was standing there pacing. His purple hair was askew and he was nervously rubbing his hands together. When he saw me, his eyes went wide.

"Y/n...hi." He muttered, almost like he wanted to say something else.

"Hi." I gave him a halfhearted smile and brushed past him to get inside.

He chased after me, trying to keep up as I walked briskly toward my room. I really didn't want to hear any more from him right now.

"Y/n wait! I'm so sorry about that message—"

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure Belphie was just trying to be funny." I cut him off, still not looking at him.

"...yeah. I'm glad everything's ok then." He muttered quietly.

I kept walking quickly and locked myself into my room the second I was inside. I really didn't need any demons to walk inside right now while I was wallowing.

After a few moments of feeling bad about myself I realized I needed to get it together. It's not like anything has changed really. I got a surprise that I thought was going to change my relationship with Levi, and then found out it wasn't what I thought. It's not like I completely lost him.

My pep talk cheered me up a bit, and I found the will to do my homework in an attempt to forget about it. Maybe focusing on something would help.

——————

It didn't. Hours later, I had found myself rereading the same sentence over and over again, trying to remember what I was reading. Finally I'd been called down to dinner, where I'd discovered I could no longer bring myself to look Levi in the eye.

At the dinner table, I was overcompensating and I knew it. I couldn't look at or talk to Levi, so I found myself talking way too much and too loudly to everyone else. Based on everyone's expressions, I knew they were questioning my behavior, but I couldn't bring myself to stop. After a particularly boisterous conversation with Beel and Mammon, I felt a headache coming on. I excused myself from the table and fled back to my room, sighing in frustration once I collapsed on my pink and white bedspread.

I hoped I'd get over this new awkwardness toward Levi soon. If not, this was going to be the first of many impending headaches.

——————

A few days later, I realized this new behavior wasn't going away. I found myself avoiding Levi everywhere I went now, constantly alert to make sure I didn't end up in a room alone with him. He'd approached me a few times, but I quickly slipped away every time, refusing to meet his gaze.