Remembrance

Nikki steps away from the side door, she stands in the middle of the of the cramped room with her hands over her hips and says, "well it showed up in time." Humorously. However her lighthearted geste was met with little- to no response. The group was fatigued, most of them just wanted to get back to Remembrance so they can have some down time.

        The shuttle begins to engage stealth systems so that it may slip by the interdiction cordon as it reaches 300 kilometers above sea level. The blockade consists of drones, sentry bots, and many other well armed robots, all scattered around the planets surface, roughly 300 to 350 kilometers above sea level. In addition, frigates toting heavy artillery often patrol the surface at the same distance. In truth, the most dangerous and risky part of any earth bound mission is getting to and from the surface of our home world.

        Leaning against the wall at the back of the shuttle, Donald slides down against the cool metal, attempting to avoid putting any pressure on his shattered ankle. [So umh, what are you guys going to do once you all get back to Remembrance?] He beamed to the group, trying to distract himself from the persistant pain shooting up his leg. 

"Shower" transa said right away. She always felt dirty after a mission.

Nikki: "How the fuck am I supposed to know? I never know what to do with myself after a mission."

        Conory didn't hear the question, do to his lack of mesh inserts, but he infers what it was based on the groups' comments, "Imma cash into one of my cuban cigars, I think I've earned a reward for saving y'alls' asses again." He has a stash of old pre-Fall cigars that he saves for special occasions, "I'll also enjoy a glass or two of whiskey at The Drowning Duck." Transa chimes in, "I think you should get patched up first."

       ______________________________________________________________________

        Within thirty to forty minutes time, the shuttle begins to come into approach of the massive O'Neill Cylinder space station. The space station is called Remembrance, and it is the largest ONeil Cylinder to date. Though it is the largest of its kind, it is actually very overpopulated, housing over two million people. Much of the station is cramped, dirty, and dangerous. The station itself consists of two counter-rotating cylinders laid end-to-end, each 35 kilometers in length and 8 kilometers in diameter, and providing approximate Earth gravity. Remembrance is the center of the Lunar-Lagrange Alliance, and its lagrange is Earth-Luna L4. The most crowded cylinder, home to the more impoverished residents and indentures, is continuously pushing its environmental systems to their maximum, and suffers regular breakdowns—as evidenced by the septic growths and smells. The other half of the habitat fares slightly better, thanks to better air scrubbers, and it is here that the towers of the upper-class elites, including the LLA officials, rise above all, clean and airy and shining. There have been several proposals to expand Remembrance itself, adding another cylinder in order to accommodate its increased population, but doing so would require a substantial amount of cred. Most of the elite refuse to be bothered; after all, they’re not the ones being crowded. Still, the effects do spill over into the business section and even around the towers, and Remembrance suffers an unfortunate amount of vice and crime.

        The shuttle flies steadily into a opening in the hanger bay at the center of the Remembrance station, between the counter-rotating cylinders. It comes to a stop and begans slowly setting down for a gentle land. When the shuttle finally touches down, the four squadmates make their exit.

        Nikki helps Donald walk out the shuttle. The standby medics come quickly to Donald. Nikki hands him over to them, smiling, happy to be back, she walks over to a few friends whom were awaiting her arrival and mingles with them. Despite what Conory had said on the shuttle, he makes his way to the infirmary, accompanied by Transa. The medic that has Donald leaning against her sets him into a wheel chair. The medic is a Neo-hominid female named Rose, her dispostion is kind natured. Rose looks onward, over to Donald's squadmates Conory and Transa then asks Donald if he would like to catch up to them. Donald says no, and in fact, prefered her to take a longer more secluded route. He was a solitary man for the most part, prefering the company of himself. Furthermore, the pain in his leg had lessened since the shuttle ride and he wasn't in any rush to get to a bland enclosed room.