Chapter 2

Happy reading 🥰

Chapter 2
The shape of things to come

Jinette POV

It is my time to walk down the aisle, the huge doors open, and I take in the scenery in front of me. Anna let go of my train and steps to the front of me as Sean Brian's best friend walks up to us, he links arms with her and walks her to the alter. My nerves are getting the best of me and my heart throbs in my chest. I hold grandpa's arms tightly and ready myself for what is to come, as I walk toward the man that is going to be my husband forever.

The church is decorated beautifully, with white roses and tulle drooping from every pew. At the altar stands the minister and Brian under the rose petals arch. Brian looks as sharp as a razor and devilishly handsome in a black tux that looks very expensive and tailored to perfection on every ripple of his body. As I stare at him he hoo's composure and confidence standing there with one hand in his trouser pocket. While I am shaking with nerves as I walk down the aisle to him. I've never seen a man so calm and placid even on our dates he was well tranquil and at ease with himself. One of the qualities I adore in him.

Wish I can say the same for myself.

When his eyes caught me staring, I divert my attention to the row of people looking at me. Brian is a confident gentleman, in our month or so of dating he never tried anything ungentlemanly with me. He was always polite, shows good etiquette, opened doors, he sometimes takes my purse but from day one, shows his dominance in this relationship. He didn't appear arrogant or aggressive to me, he is always showing how respectful and thoughtful he is but there is this no-nonsense side to him. In all those times we went out, he made me feel special with the little gestures he showed, holding my hand and most importantly he never forces himself on me, whenever we were alone and my anxiety get the best of me he did his best to calm me down and put me at ease.

I'm always a mess of nerves.

Some of the people in attendance look to be businessmen of pa' and their wives. I'm guessing about twenty to twenty-five people are in attendance. The media wasn't allowed inside but I know they're out there lurking patiently waiting for us. Ever so gradually we approach the altar and my heart is galloping against my rib cage ready to fly out of my chest with the tempo it is beating at.

Grandpa takes my trembling hand and places it in Brian's firm hand. He patted his shoulder "take good care of my angel."

Brian nods and held my hand to step up onto the stage with him and the minister. A shiver runs through our attached hands and I flinch but his firm grip did not let go.

My hands are cold with nerves and his are warm and inviting like his smile. He rubs his thumb over the back of my hand making smooth circles and I almost melt.

When I look up at Brian, our eyes are connected, and he gives me his megawatt smile. Timidity I smile back at him and he didn't let go of my hand, it feels natural like our hands belong together.

I am lost in his eyes and his confidence, and it feels like it was only the two of us here alone as everything tuned out. We are so wrapped up in the connection between us that it's certain we forget everyone is here and I am certain, I wanted this to happen. To be the wife of this handsome, strong, responsible, and respectable man standing in front of me right now.

The minister clears his throat and breaks the trans between us as we look back at him. "Are you ready?" he asks. We nod in unison, ready to be wed. "Good," he says.

"Please be seated," says the minister to the row of people in attendance.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here to join in the holy matrimony of Brian Amito Chesney and Jinette Claudia smith. The vows that you are about to make are a way to share your love and commitment."

"Brian and Jinette will now exchange rings to symbolize their commitment."

"Rings are derived from humble beginnings of imperfect metal to creating something striking where there was once nothing at all. It is worn on the ring finger as it is the only finger with a vein leading directly to the heart."

Brian POV

Sean my best friend pats me on my shoulder giving me the ring.

"Brian Amito Chesney please take Jinette's hands place the ring on her finger and stop at the second joint, then repeat after me."

I take her left hand and feel her tremble, nervousness is written all over her beautiful face. I couldn't get over how stunning she looked right now. I stroke her hand with my thumb trying to calm her down. I look into her eyes, I couldn't keep my eyes off her at this moment how beautiful she looks in white. I repeat.

"I Brian Amito Chesney give you this ring as a symbol of our love for today, tomorrow, and for all the days to come. Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day and know that my love is present even when I'm not."

"Now Brian put the ring up her ring finger."

"Jinette collects the ring you have for Brian, place it on his ring finger, and repeats after me."

She places the ring on my ring finger with trembling hands on the second joint as directed by the minister.

"I Jinette Claudia smith give you this ring as a symbol of our love for today, tomorrow, and for all the days to come. Wear it as a sign of what we have promised this day and know that my love is present even when I'm not."

I gently squeeze her hands to calm her. I can see many emotions flickering through her eyes, the electricity running through my body by the way she's looking at me, and our entwined hands have never happened to me before her. Before I've tried to process it and to date, the words fail me in describing what it is then the minister speaks again taking me out of thought.

"By sharing your vows and exchanging rings here today you both have decided to share the rest of your lives. You are no longer two separate people but one couple together."

"Brian Chesney and Jinette Smith you have professed your love by exchanging vows, you have symbolized your commitment by exchanging rings, and with that being done theirs just one question I need each of you to answer, and then your off to celebrate this union."

"Jinette Claudia Smith, do you take Brian Amito Chesney to be your husband to live together in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep only onto him, forsaking all others, being faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." She says shyly.

"Brian Amito Chesney, do you take Jinette Claudia smith to be your wife to live together in the covenant of marriage?do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health forsaken all others? Keeping faithful to her as long as you both shall live."

I look deep into her eyes, I can see the emotions flicking in her irises. I can still feel her trembling "I do." I say confidently what I have professed here today. I hope she knows I take every word of our vow seriously and intend to upkeep them.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife.
Brian, you may kiss your bride."
...................................................
The second chapter is finished.
What do you guys think
Please continue to read, vote, comment, and share thank you.