Chapter Fifteen

Delphini retreated back to the mountains of Scotland, running away from that place – away from her teacher's son! She was wrong! She was wrong, she thought

Delphini retreated back to the mountains of Scotland, running away from that place – away from her teacher's son! She was wrong! She was wrong, she thought. She didn't know what happened – she knew what she was doing – she went there to remove him so her teacher could love her, but when she did, he looked scared. And as she attacked him, she saw visions – memories – all of him and her teacher. All where her teacher showed so much love to him – the day he learned how to ride a bike and her teacher was so happy – the day when he and his siblings made a cake and her teacher kissed each and every one of them – the day when he cried so loud, her teacher came and wrapped him in her arms, protecting him... then he saw a memory, a recent one where he and her teacher were yelling at each other.

"Before I would even think about letting you near that kind of danger is the day I have done everything in my power to stop it!" Her teacher cried out.

"Then you'd be dead by then!" the boy said.

"Then I'll just have to keep myself alive until I know you're safe."

"Then what? You die – you give your life – but why? There are so many ways to prevent that!"

"Because I love you – and Merlin knows what I would do just to keep you all safe!"

She remembered the photo that she saw. The way her teacher smiled and laughed when the boy embraced her. The love in her teacher's eyes there was the same and much more powerful when her teacher was yelling at the boy.

She was wrong – her teacher won't love her because she removed the boy! She would hate her! She would kill her!

Breaking down to her knees, Delphini cried as she imagined the look on her teacher's face. The pain, sadness, and anger as her teacher would look at her, with a wand pointed at her. Because of her distress, her Obscurus was summoned and destroyed the trees around her, creating a plane field.

She can't lose her teacher. She can't lose Professor Black. She can't lose her mother. Then, she remembered a story she and her teacher read. It was one of those children's stories. If she told her teacher the truth and apologized, then maybe... she would be forgiven, she thought. That's right, she'll tell her – she'll admit to what she did, get punished for it, she'll do whatever she can as long as she doesn't lose her teacher.

~*~

Theodore was at the reserve checking the security when he saw McGonagall's Patronus come to him with a message that his youngest son was at St. Mungo's after surviving an Obscurus attack. Just by the mention of Theo, Theodore dropped all that he was doing and transformed to a Peregrine Falcon to get back to the Manor as he placed a spell to prevent anyone from apparating to the inside of the reserve if they were outside. He flew as fast as he could and once he was there, he used floo and to get home.

He arrived at St. Mungo's and was greeted by McGonagall and Neville as they were the ones who took Theo and another student to St. Mungo's after the attack. He saw his children and as well as the Potters, Grangre-Weasley, and Scorpius with them, all being checked by Healers. The sight of them made his heart beat a lot faster anxiously.