Chapter Two

"Are you sure about this, you're giving up all the privileges!"

Theo stared at his two best friends with a deadpan look. After hearing about Theo's Prefect badge from their parents, Albus and Scorpius went straight to the Black-Nott house to congratulate him, but when they were about to even say "CONGRATULATIONS!" and throw confetti at his face, they saw him already writing a letter back to Slughorn, asking for their Head of House to assign someone else.

"Theo, you're over thinking things, calm down, and just think for a moment," Albus took him by his shoulders.

"Al, all I do is think, that's my thing – like your thing is the whining-teenager, and Scrop's thing is the-dorky-rich-kid," Theo stated.

"Like you're not bloody rich," Albus muttered.

"Yeah, but I'm not a dork, am I?" Theo grinned.

"I think it's only fair that we call you the-stubborn-idiot-who-is-letting-his-chance-get-away!" Scorpius exclaimed. "Seriously, Theo, think about it – it's a Prefect badge – think about the privileges –"

"And the added responsibilities."

"— the bathroom that's bigger than ours! The pool there –"

"We have a lake at Dad's reserve."

"—you get to do rounds after curfew –"

"We always sneak out after curfew."

"— you can dock points off of anyone –"

"Power tripping? I'd rather give them hell," Theo crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't see the fun in being Prefects – they're insufferable twats who act like they own the school – NO OFFENCE, SOFIE – VIK!"

But his two older siblings sent him the middle-finger, and Viktor made sure to knock on his head when he passed his way before heading upstairs to his and Romulus' room.

"You know, what, why don't you two become Prefects if you're so dying to get that large bathroom and the power to take points... not like that would change anything," Theo said.

"But Slughorn appointed you," Albus said.

"And, if I return this to Slughorn, he might make you or Scorpius Prefect."

"That's not a bad idea," Albus shrugged.

"But Slughorn chose you – you can't do that – you can't just return the badge just because you don't want it – you're the chosen one!" Scorpius exclaimed.

"Actually, you can," Sofia spoke, joining in their conversation, but her eyes were still in her book. "Dad did it when he was appointed Prefect – returned the badge and a letter saying "go find someone else"."

"See," Theo smirked triumphantly.

"But, as your sister, I think you should take it."

"Why?"