2 | jasmine tea

"Are you sure its okay for us to do this?" Wendy asked, "This feels wrong."

"Nonsense." Erza said, patting the Sky Maiden's head. "We are helping a comrade."

"Besides, Wendy." Carla said, "It was either us or Natsu and Happy coming to get her. Which do you think she'd prefer?"

The three mages of Team Natsu were standing outside the large white-brick apartment building where Su lived. Kinana had asked them to retrieve Su from her apartment, as the two had made plans. The barmaid had informed the group   that Su had a tendency to forget plans she had, so they were hear to collect her. It was still early in the day, and lunch hadn't even hit.

Erza raised a gauntlet covered hand and knocked on the front door.

A few moments later the door opened, and a dusty-looking young man opened the door.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The man said.

"Does Su live here?" Erza asked, "We're her Guildmates and we've been instructed to come fetch her."

"Oh, you guys are from Fairy Tail?" The man said, "Come on in. I'm her landlord. Do you guys have a key?"

"Yes, Kinana lent it to me." Wendy said, beaming at the landlord, key in hand.

The landlord chuckled and stepped away, gesturing them inside.

"She's on the second floor. Door on the left." The landlord said, "Close the door behind you."

The group did so, and headed up the narrow stairs to the second floor landing. Turning to the left, they found a plaque with 'Su' written on it attached to the rough wooden door.

Wendy slid the skeleton key into the lock, opening the door and stepping into the apartment.

The three looked around Su's apartment. It was one small main room with two doors leading off from it. The floors were rough and had several scratches on it, while the walls were a powder blue colour with wood panelling coming the bottom half. Two beige loveseats, an armchair, and a small fireplace sat on one side of the room, making up Su's living room. Maxence was sleeping on one of the love seats, evident by a small snot bubble blowing out of his nose. The other half of main room, with the two windows facing the street below held a rustic kitchen and a dining table covered with a sizeable pile of papers and several books.

"She's probably in her bedroom." Carla said, "The other door is probably a bathroom."

"Most likely." Erza, walking to the door on the left and knocking on it. "Su? Are you in there?"

A muffled groan emitted from behind the door.

"I'll take that as a yes." Erza said, swinging the door open.

The scarlet haired woman peered inside the dark room. No lights were on, and the curtains were undrawn, so the only light in the room was coming from small rays that managed to seep through the fabric.

The dark outline of a cluttered desk, an open wardrobe, and a large bed told Erza, that this was, in fact a bedroom. Erza could also see that one of the walls was completely covered in books, and there were two trunk-like outlines at the side of the bed.

"Su?"

A hand stuck up from the lumpy outline of blankets and waved at Erza.

"Give me a minute, I'll draw les rideaux." Su said, her tiredness noted clearly by her slipping into her mother tongue.

The bundle of shifted, and Su's arm reached and pressed a switch, which automatically drew back the blinds.

Sunlight filled the room, to reveal a room similar the main room, except this one was much messier. Several rolls of blueprints were scattered around the floor, or overfilling in boxes in the corner.