(Kanto) Chapter 1.

(3rd Person)

It was once again another beautiful sunny day in the world of Pokemon, the winds blew clearly and strongly for the flying types to spread their wings, the ocean's waves calmly pushed the ocean Pokemon to arrive at their destination, either catching off guard trainers or leisurely floating along with the swimmers. This was the region known as Kanto, and while many would scoff at the region, calling it inferior compared to other regions such as Unova, Kalos or Galar... it was a region that deserved respect for being one of the so-called 'originals' of the regions. Being the first to house the weird and wonderful creatures known as Pokemon.

Many people have different views on Pokemon, some of them see Pokemon as pets to keep, to take home and care for, others see them as partners to journey alongside you wherever you went. But, Pokemon were mostly more famous as a way of testing a person's bond, their strategies and skills in battle, these Pokemon would duel and grow stronger with each fight, some even leaving their mark on the world of their regions, either as the strongest with the Pokemon Leagues, or guides who help new and experienced trainers with tips and advice... those people were called the gym leaders. With each gym leader defeated, you'd earn the badge to recognise your victory, and only with eight gym badges could you hope to stand a chance against the champion of the region... the only region known to have no gym leaders however was the Alolan region with their four Island Kahunas, defeat them and you can challenge the champion of Alola.

In Viridian City, inside a small house with small windows, three individuals resided, two of them up and about and the third was nowhere to be seen... through the windows, one could see their tiny house next to the massive gym building was one with only a few chairs, a few tables, one fridge and no back door leading to a garden that other houses would've owned. One of the older figures, a mature woman stood in front of the window, sighing as she looked out at Viridian City, she had a head of long black hair that reached her hips, as well as golden-coloured eyes that would sparkle against the light of the sun, next to her was a small radio releasing relaxing music that allowed her to enjoy the silence in peace, behind the relaxed woman was a man about her age with short blonde hair, a pair of brown eyes that showed his experience of the amount of Pokemon battles he had seen, not to mention the fact that on the table laid a small case, open and showing the eight old badges of previous gyms.

Radio: Thank you for listening to the relaxing music that our awesome radio station provides! All the way from Lavender Town we enjoy providing you with updates and news to the world, now... for some breaking news! Professor Oak is at it again folks, once again the renowned pokemon professor is...

Quickly, the female reached over and turned the radio off, breathing a sigh of relief after as she heard no other sound coming from inside the house or on the radio. The blonde-haired man chuckled, picking up a newspaper off the table and beginning to read through it with a big smile on his face.

Man: You know he's going to find out eventually, you can't keep him in the house forever.

Woman: I can and I will, I would be ok with it if he was going to somewhere safe or beneficial to his health and education, but my baby boy's going to try and risk his life constantly by being on the road and... and...

Man: And try to become the World Champion? Yep, I know, he's told us at least three times a day, every day for the past sixteen years. I swear, his first words might as well have been 'World Champion' instead of Mama and Papa. But, he is going to...

They were both silent as they heard a thump from upstairs, the woman frowned at her husband, sighing while walking over to the fridge, pulling out a small glass of what seemed to be milk before then heading up the stairs. She took a deep breath, her face turning calm with a smile as she knocked softly on the door, her tone becoming sweet and soft.