Chapter 7

That night when we got back, he went to his house, and me to mine.
When I wake up the next morning I realize I had gotten a text from Skyler.
Skyler👁👅👁: tell me everything!
I'm assuming she's talking about Asher and me.
Me: there's nothing to tell
Skyler👁👅👁: yeah okayyy.
Skyler👁👅👁: im serioussss what happened you guys weren't even shy with each other
Skyler👁👅👁: you never do that
Me: tbh idek he's very easy to talk to ig it was weird but i also wanted him to feel comfortable because he's had a hard time with the move and stuff
Skyler👁👅👁: ohhh okayy so nothing happened 😏
Me: really sky
Skyler👁👅👁: whattt i'm just asking
Me: not that it's any of your business but no nothing like that happened we just got to know each other
Skyler👁👅👁: yeah know each other's lipsssss ksusiwken
Me: SKY IM SERIOUS
Skyler👁👅👁: yeah so am i lmao
Me: i am not doing this right now
I shut my phone off and go downstairs. I see a note on the fridge.
Me and the kids went to town to do some errands. I don't care what you do just please don't set the house on fire
-Mother
Great, home alone. Not that I'm complaining, I get this whole house to myself.
I make a pot of coffee, and while it brews walk over to Asher's house.
When I go over I knock on the door. I stand there waiting until someone opens it.
When I look up to see a familiar short thin women with long gray hair, I gasp.
"Sophie?"
"Oh my goodness! Azaya, how lovely to see you." She chimes in a sweet quiet voice that gives me a warm feeling.
"Are you Asher's grandmother?
"No," She looks back. "I kidnapped him, and forced him to move in with me." She winks, and we laugh.
"Noni who's at the door?" Asher walks to the door with nothing but sweats, hanging off his hips.
I noticed he has a tattoo on his side of a rose. When I start to study him more I realize he has a couple tattoos all over the top half of him. On his arms and abdomen.
He has what looks like burns covering his glistening chest. I look up to his hair to see that it is wet. So I'm assuming he just got out of the shower. When I look at his eyes I see his green eyes staring right back at me.
I snap out of it and hear Sophie clearing her throat.
I look back at Asher to see him smirking down at me.
"Hi," I say in a low voice. Who would've thought that I would be the one to be shy.
"Do you guys know each other?" Asher questions.
I look back at Sophie. "Yeah, Sophie used to watch me and my siblings when my mom would work."
"Damn right, the best babysitter out there too." She grins.
"Oh, that's cool."
"Yeah. Um.. I came over to see if Asher would want to come over for a while."
Sophie looks over to him.
"Yeah, just let me put a shirt on. Come in."
I slowly walk in to their house to see a little girl around 3 running up to Asher. He picks her up and throws her in the air, while they are both laughing. She looks up to see me.
"Bubs?" She asks when her giggles calm down. "Who the  pretty girl?" She try's to whisper but fails. I hold my smile.
He turns around to look at me, and she twists in his arms. "That pretty girl is Azaya." He smiles.
The little girl wiggles her way out of his arms, and runs up to me. Her pigtails flopping up and down as she goes.
"Hewwo Asia!" She puts her hand out for me to shake while looking up at me. I bend down to shake it while giggling at the mispronunciation of my name.
When she take my hand she speaks again. "My name is Isabella Noah" She rushes as if she has been practicing this her entire life.
"Well hello Isabella Noah. How old are you?"
She holds her hands out "Twee, but about to turn fouw."
"Wow you are very young!" I gasp.
"Am not!" She folds her arms together. "I am a big girl!" She seems mad, but I know little kids better than that.
"Okay Isa. Me and Azaya have to get going." I notice he has a shirt on now. He must have gone to change while I was talking to Isabella.
"Fineee. Bye Asia!" She waves her hand.
"Bye Isabella! It was nice meeting you!" With that we walk out the door.
"She is adorable." I say when we get to my house.
"Ehhh sometimes the stubborn part takes over the adorable part." He laughs.
He sits down on the couch in the living room while I make my way around the kitchen island to shut off the coffee pot since I wasn't in the mood anymore.
I walk back out to see him laying down with the remote in his hand.
"So, what's the plan?" I ask, considering he's the one in control currently.
"I have an idea." He smirks knowingly.