Fun at the crime scene

Mrs. Hudson opened the door to let Sherlock in with her usual,“ Good Morning dear!” He didn’t say a word to her and walked up to his sitting room. He sat on his chair, while John, oblivious to his entry, continued to read the paper while sipping coffee from his mug. Sherlock stared at the paper for a while.

“I want to investigate the crime scene.” Sherlock declared at last

John jumped from his chair. “Oh.’ He regained himself after seeing that it was only Sherlock. “What?”

“I want to investigate, the crime scene. I thought it would be a stupid one, but this one is opaque. I have to so from where he disappeared. Come on, get your jacket.”

Sherlock put the number into his pocket and dialled Lestrade’s number. “Hello? I want to see the crime scene. The hotel where the people where disappearing, in the garden, that one, now! Not an option. All right, come. No, never even dream of thinking to get Anderson, it’s just an investigation not a check up!” Sherlock said emphatically, gesticulating wildly and rubbing his hair with frustration before saying with a groan, “O-kay…” he cut the phone and gabbing his scarf with extra vigour mumbled, “Come on John. We have some investigating to do.”

John looked at Sherlock curiously “You okay Sherlock?”

Sherlock blatantly ignored his question as the two men stepped outside Baker Street. “TAXI!” Sherlock shouted, raising a thin long hand up in the air. A black cab slipped smoothly on to the side of the footpath.

 “The Ritz hotel, please.”

As Sherlock sat in the taxi, his head forgot of everyone and everything around him - the Doctor, Donna, John, the traffic all of that. There was only the case and its utter preposterousness that took over his thoughts.

It was only a week ago when Mycroft stood at his flat and told him to take up the case. Seldom did Mycroft ever place weird cases to his brother. But this time it was serious and even Mycroft had been shaken. “Its some real piece of nasty business, dear brother. We really do need some leads, you know.”

“Why me?”

“Because you do all the running around bit.” He smiled eerily.

The case was such – a man called Temple Turner, aged 40, lived alone in a suite room at the Ritz Hotel, London. He was a top shot working in the Daily Telegraph and was relaxing there, a few days before an important board of directors meeting at the head Office. One evening, Mr. Turner decided to take a little stroll in the hotel garden. The hotel security was up and all the security cameras on that floor showed no sign of a break in or any illicit activities on ground.

Funnily enough, Mr. Turner did not return to his suite or have dinner that night. One of his friends, who happened to be living at the same hotel, noticed this and went to the garden to have a look. Nothing was there. When he came back to his room and opened the newspaper, he saw a small article heralding the death of a Mr. Temple Turner. Absolutely curious at this goings on, he went to several hospitals to inquire only to stop at the Royal Hospital, to see that his friend, Mr. Turner was indeed there. He saw a paper, with his wife’s name written on it. When he opened it, it simply stated that he loved her a lot and that he was in the current year 2010, in the hotelbefore being sent back in time to the year 1963. His friend took no heed to this letter but he did post to his wife and family. Thinking that this was some clever hoax to disguise his kidnapping, went into the garden to investigate. He did confide this little trip to one of the maids, and recorded his sightings in a diary of his.

A lot of time had passed and the friend’s confidante becomes a bit restless. She went to the garden only to find a diary, and two of the cherubs of the garden out of place.. They looked all over for the man, but with no luck She stated that in his diary, he mentioned the letter and the hospital. They went there, and found the dying man, who had aged well over his seventies. He too said the same thing, but only added, “All what was in the letter is all true.” And took his last breath on Earth.