Ch 8. Dual Strike

Nero P.O.V

May 29th, 2019

Underway to Nico's workshop

6:39 PM

Me and Y/N are currently taking a cab to Nico's and Kyrie's place. When I decide to go there, I forget that Kyrie is living with Nico, so if she is there, I have to face her too. Great, another bad situation. Just what I needed!

We are almost at the place. Y/N is sitting next to me in the back. He was during the whole ride silent. He just looks at the window and listing to the music that is playing on the radio. He probably notices my strange behavior and just stay silent to avoid making things worse.

We arrive at the place. I pay the cab and me and Y/N step out of the taxi. The taxi drove off leaving us alone. I look at the building I live before Kyrie broke up with me. I let out a heavy sigh and walk towards the garage of the place where Nico's workshop is. Y/N follow me towards the garage.

We arrive and the shutters are close. I knock on one of the shutters three times and speak up.

"Nico, we're here!" I say loud so she can hear me.

After a few seconds the shutter open up and we walk in the workshop. I see immediately Nico standing in the garage.

"Glad to see you again!" She smiles at me and sees Y/N right beside me.

"Who's this?"

"Nico this is Y/N." I point at him with my thumbs. "He is a new member to the team. Y/N this is Nico."

"Hey." He greets Nico.

"Well, it is nice to meet someone new that can kick demon ass. Wait where are your weapons?" Nico asks.

"I don't use them." Y/N answer which gave Nico a confuse look.

"Y/N is kinda... his own thing. Let's just say that he can use demon power without being a demon." I explain.

"How does tha-, you know that doesn't matter." She shrugs it off.

Nico make a gesture to us to follow her. She led us to her workbench where a new Devil Breaker is laying.

"Nero, I like you to meet my best work. This beauty is called Dual Strike." She lifts up the Devil Breaker with a proud face.

"Is that the best name you can give it?" I tease her.

"Like you are one to talk. The hell kind of name is 'Nero'?" She insults me back which make Y/N laugh. I look at Y/N who is right beside of me.

"Sorry." He says, still smiling and trying to hold his laugh.

I groan and go back focusing on what Nico's explanation.

"I like this guy. Anyway, how this works is it copies the same sword you have on your other hand. It only works a short amount of time just like the rest of the arms." She explains.

"Does this copy any sword I yield or just my sword?" I ask her.

"Any blade at all. You see, it scans the sword on your other hand. Then if you activate Dual Strike it creates fast a fake copy of it. If you want to throw away the fake copy, you can't. It will just disappear back to the Devil Breaker."

"Wait, how can it create a copy of the blade but also make it functional? Is it like a hologram, but solid?" Y/N ask.

"Yes, it works kinda like that. I won't explain it to full detail how it works, since you know... Nero isn't the smartest." She says with a smile.