"my delilah" - quackity

requested by: no one, this was a previous idea of mine
pronouns: she/her
(keep in mind you can change pronouns)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you were across the continent from your hometown in mexico, being a transfer student in america- new york city to be precise.

right now, you were watching quackity's stream in the seclusion of the room you were borrowing in your host family's home.

you liked them a lot, but you missed being home.

you were childhood friends with alex quackity, and you had long since accepted your romantic feelings towards him.

someone had donated five dollars for alex to sing hey there delilah again.

the mention of the song brought a sad smile to your face.

alex took a deep breath as he started strumming.

"hey there delilah, what's in like in new york city? i'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty, yes you do," alex sang.

the words felt like they were punching you in the face.

tears pricked at your eyes as alex stared into the camera as he continued singing.

"times square cant shine as bright as you.. i swear it's true.."

as he continued singing, time felt like it had stopped, yet sped up at the same time. you knew he was singing at you-- about you.

he had gone the entire song with no pauses, surprisingly. he dropped an octave at the high parts, and it was beautiful.

you were enraptured, and entirely lost in his soft tones.

he strummed the last chord, and grinned up at his camera.

"if you're listening, y/n, i hope you know that you're my delilah," he says sheepishly. "you know who you are. man, i hope that got clipped, 'cause she better have seen it.."

you use the picture-in-picture so the stream kept playing as you went into your messages and texted him.

y/n <3:
you did great singing

i saw :)

you watch quackity read it on-screen, and a sad smile that matched yours replaced his previous one.

alex <3:
i miss you :)

you're my delilah

y/n <3:
god i hope so

ive liked you for three years, it's about time you fell in love with this hot bod

alex <3:
oh u bet

im gonna end stream call me

unless you wanna say hi to chat??

y/n <3:
wow its like meeting your parents except ive known your parents my whole life and its thousands of people neither of us know instead of your actual parents

i'll say hi to chat

you close twitch, and hit accept as soon as he calls.

you can hear the smile in his voice as he says, "hey there, delilah."

"hey. how's chat doing?"

"chat says they're doing great. what's it like in new york city?"

you sigh. "lonely. any new yorkers in your chat? if there's some eighteen to twenty year olds that live here, tell them to dm me at y/u/n on [social media] so we can hang out."

alex laughs a little, and the sound's like music to your ears. "face cam on discord? i wanna see you. i promise i won't show chat."

you agree, and call him back on discord, showing each other your faces on the call.

"you look really pretty tonight," he mumbles out. his chat's definitely calling him a simp.

"can chat hear me?" you ask.

"yep."

"great. in reply to your previous statement," you say, pausing for dramatic effect, "what a simp! can we get simps in the chat?"

alex bursts out laughing, and you quickly join him in the action. even long after he ended stream, you stayed on a call just to talk, and pretend like you were right next to each other again.

hello, friends! thank you for reading, it really means a lot even if you don't vote or comment. if you're new here, i'm berry, and once you follow me, you become an automatic Cool Kid™ and my child. thats the rules i dont make them.

if you want a part two of this where alex and y/n are together irl lemme know cus i can do that (even though its oneshots idc)

please drop your requests in the comments if you'd like, or you can put them in my dm's! don't be shy. you can reach me here, or on instagram at @strawberrishots thats two r's and an i, love y'all

-berry :)