14

☆

THE CELEBRATION OF CEDRIC'S SUCCESS WAS LONG-LIVED and the party in the common room was only getting started by the time curfew rolled around. The Hufflepuff common room had filled with jovial cheers and overall, overwhelming support for the boy. The joyous moods of all Hufflepuffs gave the prefects a perfect reason to look past their behaviour and to look past the fact that there would in no doubt be a celebration.

Clover stood in the kitchens beside Hugo, who was taking a slow drag of his joint. The girl wasn't surprised when the boy had snatched some of his stashes and sold it out to the older students, all while puffing away at his own. The two had offered to help get drinks from the kitchens and Hugo had managed to get two house elves to apparate into Hogsmede and bring back some firewhiskey.

So there the two stood, in the corner of the kitchens, smoke wisping and wafting into the air around them. Their backs were turned to the open fire which warmed the kitchen as they watched elves run back and forth, cleaning and cooking.

"This is taking so bloody long." Hugo whined, while offering the joint towards the girl, who gladly took it and inhaled the dense smoke. Clover wouldn't say she was a huge fan of Hugo's 'business', but she had to admit, it did have its perks.

Suddenly, the kitchen painting swung open, earning a chorus of loud swears from Hugo as he tossed his joint into the fire in fear of being caught by a teacher or prefect. The two looked towards the door curiously but as two students stumbled in, the two let out a loud sigh of relief.

"For Merlin's sake..." Clover mumbled, pressing two fingers to her temple as her panic subsided. Her eyes flitted towards the two students, their faces illuminated by the yellow, overhead, light fixture.

"Fancy seeing you two here."

Fred and George Weasley skulked their way towards the two Hufflepuffs, identical grins plastered across their faces.

"Getting drinks?" Clover questioned, her lips quirking up into a smile.

"Nope..." George answered, his smile widening.

"Good...neither are we." Clover nodded in faux seriousness, before a loud crack emitted from the centre of the room.

"Nipsy has brought Mr Medler his drink!" A house-elf shrieked, rushing towards the boy with a large barrel.

At the name Hugo snickered. "-and that's why I love coming down here." He boomed, rubbing his hands together before taking the barrel. Looking to the two boys who were smirking at the Hufflepuffs, Clover shrugged nonchalantly.

The boy patted the barrel before turning to Clover, "Will you be alright to bring back the second one?" He asked, "It shouldn't take much longer."