You're Pretty

Prompt: Owen is a single father and has Leo. Leo is 5 years old. Leo wants Owen to confess how much he likes Amelia.

"Okay buddy we're going to daddy's work today," Owen said as he helped Leo put on his sneakers.
"Are we seeing all your friends?" Leo cutely asked.
"That's right buddy," Owen said.
"Like Melia?" Leo said.
"Yup Amelia's going to be there," Owen nervously chuckled.
"You like her daddy?" Leo giggled.
"No I don't," Owen chuckled, fearing if he told Leo he did he would tell Amelia next time they saw her. Amelia and Owen were best friends. She was in Leo's life, but Owen and Amelia were never a couple, despite the fact that the two had such strong feelings for one another. Amelia had always loved Owen, but she never acted on it, and he soon fostered a child and it got messy for her. Owen never acted on it either, although he wanted to so badly, but neither said anything about it. Owen and Leo pulled up to the hospital and Owen helped him out of his car seat. They walked in and Leo immediately saw Amelia and giggled.
"Daddy there she is," Leo giggled.
"Leo!" Amelia smiled as the little boy ran over to her. Amelia knelt down to his height and hugged him.
"Hi buddy," Amelia smiled.
"Hi Melia," Leo giggled.
"Did you come to see your dad's work today?" Amelia asked the boy. Leo nodded and Amelia smiled at Owen.
"Hey," Owen said.
"Hi," Amelia said.
"Daddy can we go see the hospital?" Leo asked. Owen was about to respond when his pager went off.
"Sorry bud but we have to go to daycare, daddy has to work," Owen frowned.
"I can take him," Amelia shrugged, "I don't have anything right now."
"Are you sure?" Owen asked.
"Yeah, come on let's go," Amelia smiled at Leo. Owen mouthed a thank you to her as they walked off. Amelia and Leo walked around the hospital for about a half an hour until Leo got hungry. Amelia showed him the cafeteria and then they got a snack together.
"So Leo do you like the hospital?" Amelia asked him.
"Yeah," Leo said, "my daddy likes it."
"Yeah he does," Amelia smiled, thinking of Owen.
"I think my daddy likes you," Leo said. This totally took her off guard as she almost choked on her food.
"Why do you say that?" Amelia chuckled, hoping that maybe it was true because boy did she like Owen.
"He talks about how pretty you are," Leo giggled, "and he always turns red if I ask if he likes you Melia!" Amelia chuckled as she felt her face flush.
"Like that!" Leo giggled.
"Yeah?" Amelia said. The boy nodded as the two finished their snack. Eventually Owen met up with them and took Leo to daycare.
"Hey I hope he was no trouble, thank you for entertaining him," Owen told Amelia.
"Well I think he entertained me," Amelia chuckled, "funny little guy you got there."
"What did he tell you?" Owen chuckled.
"Well he told me how you always talk about how pretty I am," Amelia said boldly as they stopped walking. She hoped the little boy was right about Owen's feelings because she felt the same exact way.
"Oh uh um, yeah," Owen nervously said, "yeah I think you're really pretty." Amelia smiled as she looked at him.
"Leo also mentioned how you might like me," Amelia said, making eye contact with him. Owen knew in the moment that she felt the same way and he couldn't believe it.
"You, you feel the same way?" Owen said.
"Of course I do Owen," Amelia smiled, "I've always liked you."
"I've always liked you," Owen said, "and yeah, I think you're super pretty." Owen pulled her in for a kiss as Amelia melted in his arms. When they pulled back they both smiled.
"Amelia Shepherd," Owen smiled, "Will you go on a date with me."
"I will," Amelia smiled as they walked down the hall together.
"Man I really did tell him to not tell you I said that stuff about you," Owen chuckled.
"Well maybe it's a good thing he didn't listen," Amelia winked as she walked down the hall.