My Mystery Story - Chapter 1

This is my mystery story I wrote for English. It's meant to be 1000 words long but I wrote 2000😁. My friends say it's really good so I put it up as a story, hope you like it!

Dawn had come at last; the birds were tweeting, the warmth shone in through the window... how I could've stayed in bed forever. I could smell the scent of something sweet. Something topped up with strawberries and bananas, smothered in Nutella. My pancakes! Just a floor below my lip-smacking pancakes waited for me. I jumped out of bed with glee and got changed into my jeans and a red top that read 'Sleepy head'. I skipped downstairs and into the kitchen to find my pancakes sitting there on the counter. I ran towards them, yet suddenly I found myself falling face flat onto the marble floor. "Ouch, that hurt: for the fifth time this week." I sighed. My dad had dropped a piece of wood, which had instant drying glue on it, onto the floor. I got up and walked towards my pancakes, stepping over the wood piece. Mum came into the kitchen, and then.......thud! "Mum! Are you ok?!?" I worried, checking if she had injured herself. She had already bruised her knee, elbow and forehead from falling over the annoying piece of wood. "Yes dear, I am perfectly fine. A couple of scratches and blood patches won't take me down." Mum said getting up without feeling any pain. She had always been a strong person. She may have been old, yet inside she was The Hulk. I took my pancakes to the sitting room, with Mum following me with my favourite juice, tropical.