chapter vii

It had been a week since Theo and Draco's little duel. Thankfully Professor Snape had intervened when a disciplinary action was brought up - a first year Slytherin of course tattled as they were eavesdropping - and instead had the boys in his office for hours. Neither one of them will talk about what their punishment was.

And neither one of them had talked to Asterin since it all happened. Not that Asterin really tried. She kept her distance from Draco, refusing to even look at him if their paths crossed. And, of course, her older brother was angry at her for missing for hours straight only to turn up at the worst possible moment.

It didn't help that the whispers followed her everywhere.

"Didn't you hear? She caught him cheating with Astoria."

"I heard he walked in on her giving Zabini a blowjob."

"Serves her right. Draco is too good for her."

"She's fucking hot, but she needs a real man. Not a mumma's boy."

Only a few whispers spoke bad about Draco, but most of them were speaking harsh about her. It drove her mad. It was as if they were too scared to speak ill about the Slytherin Prince, but did they forget her family were Death Eater's as well? Fuck.. She was to become on in three weeks. A flash of the mark and people would cower from her again.

"Aster!"

The blonde clutched her books tighter to her chest and picked up her speed. She didn't want to talk to Blaise, he would only tell her once again to talk to Draco and Theo.

"Asterin!" He called out again and then she heard his pace pick up.

"Asterin Nott you better stop and listen to me!"

Asterin growled and stopped, turning on her heel to glare at the male.

"What! What could you possibly have to say to me, Zabini? What is so important that you had to chase me down the hall-"

"Draco wants to see you," he interrupted when he realized she wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Her eyes grew wide as she blinked up at him. Blaise admitted to her the day after the duel that Draco didn't want to see her, but she should still try to get him to talk.

"Well.. too bad. I don't want to see him," she huffed and turned on her heel, intending on walking away when he gripped her elbow. Asterin didn't even have a chance to tell him fuck off when they were suddenly in Draco's dorm. Curse them knowing how to Apparate before her! Maybe You-Know-Who would teach her the same trick when she took his mark.

"I told you I didn't-" Once again her words cut off when she saw Draco with his back to her, his shirt off, and bandages around his torso.

"What happened?" Asterin breathed out and went to him, her hands trailing along his back as if she'd magically see what's under his bandages. She noticed his body tensed, but she decided to ignore it.

"Thank you, Blaise. Please leave us." Asterin froze at how cold his words were and wondered what he intended on doing to her once they were left alone.

"The Dark Lord heard of our... childish antics last week and decided to teach us a lesson. Theodore is in his dorm, resting. You can see him as soon as we're finished."

Asterin backed away when he turned around, unable to be so close with his eyes staring right through her.

"Snape told him, didn't he?" Draco simply answered her question with a nod.

"Lord Voldemort believes we are slacking and has ordered us to move ahead with the plans. I have been ordered to.. fix a vanishing cabinet to allow Death Eaters in the school. He has given me until after the holidays to figure it out. This will be your first assignment as a Death Eater. It is also a test. If I fail, I will no longer be his right hand man and I'll be at the bottom." He paused and peered over at her, his little Slytherin, the softness just barely appearing in his eyes.