Too Quiet | TsukiHina

Pairing: Tsukishima Kei x Hinata

Genre: Fluff

---

The bus ride back to Karasuno was quiet. Everyone was tired from doing drills and losing practice matches. It was all too quiet for Tsukishima. 

His headphones died the second they left Nekoma and all he could do now was stare out the window and curse the passing scenery for being so soundless. Too much silence was going to drive him insane and at this point he was willing to listen to anything with a beat, hell maybe even a podcast.

He looked over at Yamaguchi sleeping beside him and briefly considered rummaging through his friends bag for his phone and music. Tsukishima decided instead to call the ginger in the row before him, hoping that the shrimp was awake and had decent taste in music. Hinata turned to look at him through the gap between the seat and the window.

"Oh Tsukki! You're still awake!", Hinata whispered gleefully. Tsukishima saw that he had earphones on and he noticed Kageyama sleeping peacefully beside him.

"Can I..", Tsukishima said through clenched teeth, he cannot believe he was about to ask this. "...listen to your music with you."

Hinata blinked at him. Tsukishima wondered if he had heard him at all. He furrowed his brow and thought about explaining his need for sound to Hinata. Luckily, Hinata spoke before Tsukishima said anything.

"Sure! I don't mind. Tell me if it's a little loud though." Hinata removed his earphones and gave the right earbud to Tsukishima. The blond accepted, trying to hide his relief at being able to listen to music again. He secured the earbud.

"What do you listen to?", Tsukishima asked.

"Songs that get me pumped before games and stuff!", Hinata replied before turning around and Tsukishima watched his arm move to press play.

The first few seconds of the song started with a few beats which actually wasn't so bad. Hinata turned to Tsukishima, looking for a reaction. Tsukishima stared at him, expressionless.

Tsukishima noticed that the song was in English. And that it was rap. He understood enough of the language to understand the meaning of the words which made even a middle schooler blush. He watched as Hinata bobbed his head happily along to the beat, Tsukishima was mortified as he listened the song's lyrics more intently.

---

Choke me like you hate me, but you love meLowkey wanna date me when you fuck me (uwu)
Touch me with the lights off and my chains on
Baby, I'm not the right one you should wait on

She a freak, lil' bad ho
Gaspare told me kill it
I said, "Let me grab my Death Note."

Huh, she pulled me in like a lasso
Sayin' that she know me, I don't even know her at though
Ain't no daddy issues, then I won't even bother
She say I kill her cat like I'm Luka Magnotta

Real bad bitch, pussy bald like Saitama
They used to hate me now they want me, bitch I feel like I'm Gaara
Uh, girl you fuckin' with a wrong one
Fuck his team, fuck your clique, bitch, I'm on one
Fuck your stream, fuck your clip, you ain't saw one
Got your bitch on my dick like she want one

(Oops- 😳)

---

"Hinata.", Tsukishima said after the song ended. He didn't know how to go about this. Was he horrified? Maybe a little-

Does Hinata know what he's doing making Tsukishima listen to this? Is this some weirdo way of expressing his anger towards the tall blond? "You listen to English songs? Do you even understand what they're singing about?"

"I don't have to Stingyshima.", Hinata turned to him, pouting. "Just because English is my worst subject.", he mumbled.

Tsukishima almost sighed in relief. Hinata didn't have enough brain cells to play mind games. Still, he couldn't decide whether to tease him about it or telling him what the lyrics meant. Who could ever imagine dear Hinata, Karasuno's sunshine, listening to songs like these to get pumped up before a game?

He felt something tug at the cord.

"Tsukki, are you still even listening?" Hinata tugged at the cord of Tsukishima's earbud. The blond sighed. He decides to keep it to himself and let Hinata discover what the lyrics mean later.

"Yeah.", Tsukishima said.

"Great! The next song is also by the same artist!", Hinata says before he presses play and Tsukishima braces himself for another two minutes of swearing. 

All in all, Hinata's taste in music isn't that bad and the songs do make his heart beat faster, drawing out energy he didn't know he still had and the beat is sick. After the playlist finishes, Hinata looks over at him, eyes wide and sparkling and almost vibrating. 

Tsukishima felt his face flush. It was weird being under Hinata's intense stare. The tiny tangerine looked like he was about to ask Tsukishima for more blocking practice. Tsukishima stared back at his teammate, willing himself to do it. 

Just this once. Afterall, he had practically saved Tsukishima from dying of complete silence.

---

I'm obsessed with this song help-

Word Count: 842