The Victim

Important note : The following chapters will mention drug abuse and suicidal thoughts so please read with caution  

You learned how to wear a mask. As much as Spencer helped, it wasn't enough to take everything you felt away. It had been a few weeks since it happened. Since Claire was murdered in front of you. You only knew her for 72 hours but it felt like the biggest loss of your life. Your bruises had healed, the only wound left to heal was the cut on your belly.

Spencer stayed with you as long as he could but he eventually had to go back to work. You felt okay being on your own but every time you closed your eyes all you saw was Claire's face. You learned that John survived and that he was going to prison.

You couldn't handle being alone anymore so you decided to go back to work. And today was supposed to be simple for you. You helped build the geographical and preliminary profile. That was until you had found out that the unsub made his wife and daughter watch the horrific things he did.

"Are we any closer to finding him" you asked Rossi

"The daughter knows where he is but she won't talk. The sheriff separated her and her mom into integration rooms."

"Why would- how" you paused "Why are they being separated"

Rossi sighed and gave you a disappointed look. You turned around and walked through the sheriffs department. These people were always arrogant and never listened to basic instructions. You found the room where the daughter was in. You made your way inside and found the sheriff talking to JJ and Hotch.

"Why did you put her in there"

The sheriff turned to look at you "She's not talking"

"So you decide to treat her like the criminal" you scoffed

"Agent Y/l/n" You heard Hotch call out

"I don't give a damn. I will not let her father kill another woman just because she won't talk" you hated when these guys belittled you

"She's 14" you began to raise your voice "What are you going to do. Yell at her until she says the words you want to hear"

"If that's what I have to do" he began to step up to you and you had to look up at him

"She's not the criminal here. She's the victim. She is the one who had to suffer from her fathers abuse" you began to point at the two way mirror

"She has information we need. If I have to get rough I will"

"That's not going to get you anywhere, she's a child. We came here to help and if you don't let us help then her father will kill someone. Because of your blown up ego" you pointed up at his face

"Agent Y/l/n" Hotch spoke up louder

You turned to face him. "I'm going in to talk to her"

You didn't bother listening to what he had to say. The consequences of what you said was a problem for later. You calmly entered the room and dragged the chair across from her to sit next to her.

"Hello I'm SSA Y/n Y/l/n and I work with the FBI" you didn't want to get into too much detail about your job description.

She kept staring at the table in front of her

"I just wanted to let you know that you are not in trouble and that you are the victim here, you didn't do anything wrong" you placed your hands on your lap "I need your help finding your dad"

"I don't know where he is" she kept her head down

"Is that what he told you to say" you watched the way she twitched her finger as you spoke. You continued "We just want you to tell us so he won't hurt anymore women"