Chapter One - The Locket

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice ask

"Huh? Oh um... yeah. I'm fine. Thanks for asking, Sencen," I replied, coming back to reality.

"First of all, do NOT call me that. Second of all, Bia, I'm your sort-of-brother. I know when you're not okay. So tell me what's wrong," Keefe, "my-sort-of- brother",  asked again, softly.

I sighed and looked away.

"Is this about college? Are you nervous? Because if so, there's no need to be. I'll be there with you and Fitz will be there also," he pressed.

I didn't answer, still not looking at him.

Fitz is my older brother. He's also Keefe's best friend.

"Or is this about Bangs Bo- I mean, Tam?" he guessed, noticing the open locket in my hand.

Tam. Tam Song. The boy I'd give anything to see again. If only he was here with me right now. I miss him so much.

My eyes started to get watery.

"Oh Bia. Come here."

Keefe stretched his arms wide, allowing me to give him a hug. I held on tightly, knowing that he will always be there for me.

"Hey, It's going to be okay. I know you miss him. But remember,  you're about to go to college, so there is a pretty good chance you'll maybe-probably-hopefully see him there. Since, Foxfire is the best college around, and the most affordable and stuff," he whispered, soothingly.

"Yeah... I guess...."

We just sat there, in a comfortable silence, until finally, I broke it.

"Thank you so much, Keefe. You're always there for me. But how do you always know what I'm feeling?" It was a question I have always wanted to know the answer to. Ever since I was little, he always knew my emotions...better than I did, to be honest...

"Eh. I just do. I don't know how," he said, simply.

"If you say so..." I said, breaking away from the hug.

"Oh and by the way. I do NOT get what you see in Bangs Boy. That guy is a complete idiot," He seemed genuinely curious.

"Like someone else I know, perhaps?" I stated, looking straight at him.

"Please. I'm waaay more stupid than him. That's what makes me so special! Oh and let's not forget who has the better hair."

"Him?" I guessed, smirking.

He put a hand over his heart, looking fake-hurt.

"ME! OF COURSE! BIANA! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! HOW COULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING?! I'M WOUNDED!"

I rolled my eyes, but giggled.

Keefe reminded me of Tam so much, It was honestly surprising that they never got along.

"Sureeee."

"I'll let you get back to your thoughts. If you wanna talk, I'm one room away!" Keefe exclaimed, walking out the door.

Keefe has terrible parents. They never cared about him, so Mom and Dad had him move in with us when we were little. I'm not complaining. He's the closest thing I had to a great brother. Don't get me wrong, I love Fitz, but He's just always so... busy. I have another older brother too. His name is Alvar. We just hardly get to see him. He's an adult now, and is an actor. But, he has to travel a lot, so he doesn't get to come and visit often. I still love him.

I closed the locket, an put it back around my neck.

I never stayed away from it. I always kept it close.

~~~Flashback to when they were 8~~~

"TAM! GIVE IT BACK!" I yelled.

"hmmm... nahhh."

"THAT'S IT! GIVE IT BACK RIGHT NOW OR I WILL TACKLE YOU!"

"I'd Like to see you try."

I ran over to him and tackled him to the ground.

"AHH! OW! BIANA! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO TACKLE ME!" Tam screeched as I got my favorite book back from him.

"You challenged me. I had to prove you wrong." I smirked and walked away.

Tam laughed, but then I saw him sigh and for a second he looked sad.

"Are you ok, Tammy?"

He made a disgusted face. "Don't call me that. And uhmm Yeah I-I'm fine..."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

He sighed again and walked to me.

"Y-You might want to sit down for this Bia..."

"Uhmm...ok..?" I sat down next to him.

"Ok... so uhm.... I-I'm moving..."

I felt like someone took my heart and shredded it into a million pieces.

"W-what?" My voice cracked as I spoke.

"Yeah... I'm really sorry Bi. I really don't want to move... Neither does Linh. You were asking why she wasn't here today, right?"

I nodded, unable to speak.

"She is at home. Packing up her stuff. I really wanted to tell you sooner... But I didn't know how... Linh was crying and wanted to come see you to say goodbye. She thinks of you as her sister, but mom and dad made her stay. The only reason I could come was because I snuck out of the bathroom window."

I felt tears running down my cheek.

"I'm really sorry, Biana. I don't want to leave you, but... I don't have a choice."

I looked up and saw that he was crying too.

I gently reached up to his face to wipe his tears.

"I-I-It's ok, Tammy. Don't cry. Even if you're moving, I know we will see each other again someday!"

I tried my best to sound optimistic. I don't know how well that worked.

"Y-Yeah." Then he looked like he remembered something.

"Oh! I just remembered! I got you something."

He pulled out a beautiful locket and handed it to me.

"What's this for?"

"Open it."

I opened it and gasped.

There was a picture of him and me at the park last week. I knew he took the photo because he was great at that. He took the best pictures.

"I-I-t's something to remember me by. Y-You don't have to like it..." He stuttered.

"THANK YOU TAMMY! I LOVE THIS." I tackled him in a hug. He smiled at my words as he hugged me back.

He took another one out and put it around his neck. It was a little different but definitely looked like something he would wear.

"I have one too with the same picture."

That day, I made a promise to myself. I was never going to take this locket off.

~~~ Back to the present~~~

I smiled at the memory. I may not have photographic memory like Keefe and Sophie, but I still remember that day perfectly.

———————————————————————————

Yay! That was chapter one! Hope you enjoyed! Wattpad wasn't letting me write on my computer. So, I had to switch to typing this note on my phone. I seriously hate Wattpad sometimes. WHY IS IT SO ANNOYING?!

Anyway, have a nice day/night, wherever you are!

-MyMy <3